Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i at least asked in the official topics about the last 2 CM games and this FM game (+ in some official online gaming topic we once had for CM) - also i don´t want to manage with you, i want to manage against you :P

preferbly online via FM, if you pay for the plane tickets i might reconsider - full league, all human players.

Matzat, the Scottish and lower English clubs don't allow you to buy your 'superstars'. When I'm Rangers Im pretty dependant on other club's misfortunes so I can bring in decent to great players for free. The low wage budget sucks though, which is why I wanted to move to a 'rich' club like Arsenal or Chelsea. Or even Aston Villa (they're rich for some reason).

And whoever won the SPL with St Johnstone: they are bizarrely overrated in the game. When they got promoted to the SPL during my first season at Rangers, they managed to survive ever since, despite having a useless team in reality. There's no way they'd be able to do that without changing the entire team. Same with Clyde and Partick Thistle, who have unbeleivably survived as well.

The Scottish leagues are fucked basically. Players tend to be far ovverrated, and are signed by big English clubs for barely anything, to become multi-million pound players. And Celtic's team starts with way too much ability. But saying that, some of the better players like Klos, Riordan, Ferguson and some other players are given solid stats, which they do deserve.

I wish the SPL relegated 2 teams per season. It gets boring real fast, especially when all the good players go and all the shit players are the hot potatoes of the league, switching from club to club. <_<

the differenc is that you prolly know tons more about UKish lower league football than i do and that with the HK league we would have the chans to fill all the teams with players faster (no one knowing how good the team he´s getting is) and be able to fight for international slots wich we can´t in europe if we don´t go for the big clubs.

I remember that i once started a retarted game with Big dirty and two other guys, all of them were like OMFG i needz to play that super big team from thatz country to show everyone how i am tze cochone joe in thiz game~! and so everything endet up being about waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting, sinc a normal turn takes a bit longer wen everyone dos some extra shit while fixing dinner while the term "playing together" was . . . uhm . . . a joke. - I forgot how big Honk Kong was (dossent have to be Hong Kong anyway, just a smal country we don´t know with a smal leauge that we easyle can fill with Human players), but wen you only have 10 teams or such you get to play each other on a constand level even if don´t get all teams managed by a human.

I am looking for the chalange of not knowing anything, yet still be able to be part of the international games + the fight to be in them and actualy PLAYING with the guys that i am suposed to have a game with.

Everything from Scotland is overrated, just look at Kobra.

I just lead a team of England golden oldies through the World cup qualifiers. My starting 11 was:

GK: Ian Walker

DL: Alan Wright

DR: Jason Dodd

DC: Gareth Southgate

DC: Steve Howey

MR: Steve McManaman

MC: Paul Ince

MC: Graham Stuart

ML: Graeme Le Saux

FC: Dean Holdsworth

FC: Les Ferdinand/Teddy Sheringham

I was bored shitless and thought it would be fun.

I just lead a team of England golden oldies through the World cup qualifiers.  My starting 11 was:

In my current Rotherham game, I have most of the top division in Europe running and Polish champs Wisla Krakow are on an amazing run in the CL. They qualified for the group stage and then placed 2nd to Barca by beating PSV once and Werder Bremen twice. In the first Knockout round they defeated PSG and then they drew Arsenal. Took a shocking 2-1 victory at Highbury and then iced a 1-1 draw at home on a 94th minute penalty(not needed, they would have won based on aways). They face certain elimination next when facing either Barca, Real, or Chelsea, but it was amazing to see them knock out Arsenal. Wenger was fired less than a week later, supposedly because the team was in 5th, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were really because of the humiliating loss to the Poles.

I just lead a team of England golden oldies through the World cup qualifiers.  My starting 11 was:

Awesome - what did the public say?

They went nuts when I put Crouch, Leacock and Danny Webber in my 11.

I forgot how big Honk Kong was (dossent have to be Hong Kong anyway, just a smal country we don´t know with a smal leauge that we easyle can fill with Human players), but wen you only have 10 teams or such you get to play each other on a constand level even if don´t get all teams managed by a human.

I am looking for the chalange of not knowing anything, yet still be able to be part of the international games + the fight to be in them and actualy PLAYING with the guys that i am suposed to have a game with.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'd be willing to play a random countried league with one EWB member, any more than 1 participant and I just can't stand network/online games.

Is there a bug with the french leagues? it says you can only have 4, which is fine, I had 3 and they still said I had 5???

I haven't misread how many I have, I know for sure, I've checked every single player, but I can't sign anyone until I get rid of some of these unknown foreigners.

Is there a bug with the french leagues? it says you can only have 4, which is fine, I had 3 and they still said I had 5???

I haven't misread how many I have, I know for sure, I've checked every single player, but I can't sign anyone until I get rid of some of these unknown foreigners.

No, that was the first thing I checked. I even went on the 'player search' and searched for players in my team who were not 'eu' nationals and I got the same two I could find.

Edited by muddatrucker

Guest Red Devil

Has anyone played in the Scottish League? I've dominated the English and Spanish leagues with mid table teams and was hoping to start a UK game. Start off in the SPL, A team like Hibs or Hearts and firstly try and break the Rangers/Celtic grip on the SPL. Then when I get a chance either jump to Wales or go back to England if the right team props up.

What I want to know is, is there any "diffrences" in the SPL to the Premier Ship. I know about the basics i.e league games and cups but what about stuff like the EU rule? Anything I should know? Finally before I start the game does anyone know how much money a team like Hibs start off with and at the end of the season how much TV rights and league position money you get?

If anyone can answer the long winded posted it'd be great.

The SPL goes like this (I think). Top two teams get Champions League. Next two teams get the UEFA Cup places. 5th (and maybe 6th) get the Intertoto Cup place.

What EU rule? You have to have two players under 21 in your first team (they can be unused subs), and you get more subs than most leagues allow, but only allow the usual 3 changes per game.

As far as money goes, even Rangers don't get very much (a few million at most, and some Champions League money), so I'd imagine very little would come to one of the Edinburgh clubs. Although if you're lucky a new board of directors may take over the club and give it a cash injection if you play well.

The league also splits in two near the end of the season, so the top six and the bottom six teams fight it out in their own mini leagues, so being a mid-table team means it's VITAL that you come at least 6th to get in with the better teams, because even if you get more points in the lower league than a team in the upper league, you can only be 7th, never higher. Matches against the bigger clubs brings in a lot more money, which is quite important.

Also, there's only one relegation from the league per year.

And it's a good idea to have the other leagues running, because there's only so much you can do with a Scottish team. I think it may be impossible to win the Champions League with one, without all of the teams in the country having their money doubled.

I'd recommend going Aberdeen as well, since they always seem to do quite well along with Hearts and Hibs. Stay clear of Dunfermline, Livingston, and any other team you've probably never heard of. There's a reason of not hearing about them.