Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a new game with Watford, and I've beaten Liverpool and Middlesboro in friendly matches so far - which, although they mean little, was nice and a good source of revenue. Signed Les Ferdinand and some dutch full back on frees, and I'm looking pretty good to avoid relegation.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

After 15 games with Deportivo, I've gotten bored/annoyed, I'm sitting in 2nd place, I've got a good team but it'll take time to get rid of the old and bring in some new names so when I heard about the Spurs job being up for grabs, I jumped at the chance.

Currently 9th, with a decent transfer budget, unfortunately they've got the odd few shit players and other than Ledley they've got no defence, so looks like I'm in the market for something a little spicy.

Began a game with Sunderland. They have fuck all money, so I have bought no-one, but Adu is coming when the transfer window opens.

Do people actually have the hightlights on for the games? I used to, but I've now got back into the old CM habit of just having the commentary.

Guest Red Devil

Last week i was really bored of the game but now I'm in my 5th season with Crystal Palace and i can't get enough of it. As long as I can get through the first season then I know I can stick to it.

A question, what's the most a sinlge player has scored for you in one game? For me it was Fernando Cavenaghi who scored 5 against Watford. Ended up beating them 7 - 0.

Just took over as Real Madrid, jumping ship from Juventus. I hated it and switched back to my old save.

The fact that you can only select three non-EU players and that Luxembourgo seemed to have bought every foreigner under the sun before he got the sack was enough to put me firmly off. Back to Juve I go, until Fergie eventually retires at least.

I started a game as an unemployed manager. Before the first season started, Exeter City offered me a job. I got them promotoed from the Conference in the first year and I'm 2 points clear at the top of League 2 with 2 or 3 games to go.

Games are always more interesting when you're a smaller team and have more of a challenge rather than being able to buy anyone.

I wouldn't say its the game that is hit and miss, it is obviously a very good game, just you have to find the right team to keep your interests. As we've seen, some people want to be the best teams, and be fighting it out in Europe, whilst some want to be lowly sides, fighting against relegation and such.

It's just finding the team with the right balance of players, money and position to keep you interested.

I just moved to Stockport County after 3 awful years at Yeovil Town. I got them over a million dollars in the clear and they won't give me shit in the way of a wage bill so I was always like 10-15 thousand over the weekly bill. Before that I spend a year at Conference North side Redditch and led them to a last placed finish before being snatched up by League Two Yeovil before I could officially be fired. My first three years at Yeovil I finished like 22, 20, 19 or something like that. I had some pretty good players though, such as Dexter Blackstock on loan from Southampton who scored 20 league goals and Francesco Lodi, a young Italian signed on a free from Empoli who scored 49 leagues during the two years I coached him.