Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started a game with Arsenal and am 1 game into the season, I just beat Birmingham 3-0. Now I have a little problem, van Persie just broke his collerbone and is out for 3 months :(

So I need to bring someone in, preferably from the age 19-24, I only have £7m transfer budget and I need a striker soon, anyone have any suggestions?

For the record, Aliadiere is also injured and Lupoli/Quincy aren't ready for the first team yet. And also, I can't get Robinho, he has gone to Madrid.

And I forgot, I want the striker to be a striker like Henry/Reyes and not in the van Persie/Bergkamp mould. A fast lethal finisher is what I am looking for.

Edited by Gooner4Life

I had him once in an old CM game for Arsenal.

That son of a bitch was a goal machine! His value shot up to about £20m and Real Madrid and elite clubs wanted the guy! He was England's best player, and the most prolific goal scorer in the country.

But hey, I'm the guy who somehow managed to turn Branko Struper into England's best player, so I'm just weird.

Guest The Real Deal

I'd go for Bent to be honest as he has played brilliant for my Everton side this season and that is the first season since the game began.

But if you're after a foreign striker I'd suggest Robinho?

I started a game with Arsenal and am 1 game into the season, I just beat Birmingham 3-0. Now I have a little problem, van Persie just broke his collerbone and is out for 3 months :(

So I need to bring someone in, preferably from the age 19-24, I only have £7m transfer budget and I need a striker soon, anyone have any suggestions?

For the record, Aliadiere is also injured and Lupoli/Quincy aren't ready for the first team yet. And also, I can't get Robinho, he has gone to Madrid.

And I forgot, I want the striker to be a striker like Henry/Reyes and not in the van Persie/Bergkamp mould. A fast lethal finisher is what I am looking for.

robinho isn't a finisher anyway. I would help you but i'm not home and can't see the prices of the players, so i find it hard to think of a spanish player that cheap that is good.

I'll update this post once i get home and check a nice player, because i'm a nice person and all of that shit :shifty:

EDIT: So here's my report... Apparently Crespo is only worth 4.2 and speaks spanish and basic english. I doubt you wouldn't get goals out of him. This was the biggest "name" there.

Now the not so big names...

Marek Heinz: is more of a Bergkamp style of player in real life but in FM seems to be a quick finishing striker with ability to take any kind of set pieces. He's 27 and doesn't speak a word of english but is one of the most complete players you'll find for this price.

Souleymane Youla: Very quick finisher, with lots of flair and technique as a lot of african players. Still has a lot to improve but is only 22 so it can be a very useful player in the future. I can see him scoring right now too though. Downside... can't speak english either.

Pierre-Alain Frau: Good in all the aspects a striker should be good in... fast, good finishing, gets unmarked very well, and as a bonus can score from inside or outside the area.

Juan Carlos Menseguez: He has lightning speed with and without the ball and is a great finisher. He's only 20 which can only make him better, but not if you are only looking for a striker with immediate impact.

Pierre Webó: not so quick but a great dribbler and finisher from close and long range. Speaks spanish and english and is 22.

Romario: Henry style, only better... in the early 90's :shifty:

I forgot the english League has the "work permit" feature. Maybe some of these won't be able to play there. I don't know :|

These were the best i could find for that price. If you were only looking for big names then i advise you to pick real madrid next time you start a game :P

Edited by Malenko