7 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Best Rock Movie?

• Tommy
    • The Wall
    • A Hard Day's Night
    • Help!
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Other

I'll go with the Wall, although I've only seen parts of it, and most of the time when its on, I've been under the influence of something so I dont exactly remember it. I haven't seen any of the other movies though.

Rock and Roll High School definitely comes to mind, as well as Detroit Rock City (not the greatest movie, but has some very funny parts, even if I don't like Kiss). Although my favorite is hands down "The Decline of Western Civilization", there really is nothing like it. It's not exactly a full feature film, but more of a documentary. I haven't seen any film (other than Suburbia, which is by the same director Penelope Spheeris) that really gives such an in depth look into the punk scene. This film deals specifically with LA in the early 1980s, and has some great performances on it. It also has some interviews with a few fans, the bands themselves, club owners, and security guards. This may be the only video available that has footage of Catholic Discipline and the Alice Bag Band, which is a shame.

Definitely Spinal Tap. What was the one with Jimmy Nail, Billy Connolly, Timothy Spall and Bill Nighy where they were a reforming prog rock band? That was alright.

Edit: Good old IMDB, Still Crazy.

Edited by Colly

Guest Angry Baboon

Holy crap Fults, isn't there a bit of a Beatles bias in that poll? And Yellow Submarine was crap, Lennon could tell you that himself.... :P

And I vote for other: The Last Waltz.

Martin Scorcesse + Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan and Muddy Waters = JOY

Guest fultie

Holy crap Fults, isn't there a bit of a Beatles bias in that poll? And Yellow Submarine was crap, Lennon could tell you that himself.... :P

And I vote for other: The Last Waltz.

Martin Scorcesse + Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan and Muddy Waters = JOY