What's the best video game ever made?

For me, it’s Read Dead Redemption 2. 

The story is up there with the best I’ve played, the level of detail in the world in mind-blowing, the mechanics are pretty much perfect. So yeah, Red Dead 2 for me.

• Like 1

"Best" is such a very relative word in the world of video games. You could argue Pong, who's first mechanical issue was due to the coin slot being jammed from all the quarters being fed in. Adventure on the Atari 2600 had the first Easter Egg. Donkey Kong turned Nintendo in a major player (And from Donkey Kong we get the whole Mario universe). So pointing to one as the end all be all is entirely subjective. 

Even on my personal list of games, I can't really pick one that's my favorite, or even the most important. But what I can do, is name the one video game that is absolutely the most dear to my heart. 

Pitfall II on the Atari 2600. 

Here's the game: 

This was actually amazingly advanced at the time. But as I've said in other threads, as a kid I'd watch my dad play video games, and this is probably in all likelihood the first one I can remember watching him play with certainty.  

Deus Ex, for its time, was as close to perfection as could be achieved.

Minecraft did unbelievable things for the industry as a whole that unless you really nerd out on that stuff, it's hard to appreciate.

Personally, Counter-Strike for doing what it's done for esports after beginning life as a mod. Arguably DOTA, as well for the same reason. But that led to League of Legends, so every silver lining apparently has its cloud...

Age of Empires 2 in all of its iterations and expansions is probably my favourite game of all-time, so shoutout to that as well.

• Like 1

World Of Warcraft

It may be because I have an addiction but it was one of the first games that hit pop culture and had references running everywhere. There are other games that have done it now but it was one of the first. Not to mention that it has spawned so many different games that want to be like it but can never seem to grab onto the same magic.

State of Decay 2. Lately it is a game I play exclusively these day's. The developers constantly updating the game has helped.

TEW 2020, yet to fully dive into the new one. But spent a vast amount of the last four years playing it. Honestly that game will be inbeeded in my brain for year's to come. Heck of a lot of fun. The CVerse really is the best fictional wrestling world that I've been able to get into the characters of. 

Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Day's Gone, Surviving The Aftermath, but personal all timer is Broken Sword. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Skummy said:

Tetris

Attaboy.

17 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

State of Decay 2. Lately it is a game I play exclusively these day's. The developers constantly updating the game has helped.

TEW 2020, yet to fully dive into the new one. But spent a vast amount of the last four years playing it. Honestly that game will be inbeeded in my brain for year's to come. Heck of a lot of fun. The CVerse really is the best fictional wrestling world that I've been able to get into the characters of. 

Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Day's Gone, Surviving The Aftermath, but personal all timer is Broken Sword. 

That's seven games. I said one.

Obviously the whole idea of things like this is an impossible task. There's no such thing as a 'best' anything, it's entirely subjective and has far too many moving parts to name one thing. But that's the fun of asking it in such a manner. Tetris isn't better than Final Fantasy VII, which isn't better than Crash Bandicoot 3, which isn't better than World of Warcraft, which isn't better than Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, which isn't better than The Last of Us, which isn't better than Microsoft Flight Simulator, which isn't better than Tetris. It's the same with wrestler and movie and band (not EWB poster, that is objectively @LL!).

The whole idea of these threads was to get people to answer instinctively rather than having any serious rational thought behind them.

I always think it's a fun thought exercise. It probably isn't, but I like seeing people's answers when they're forced to just say one thing.

Also everyone who made joke answers are cowards, even more so than those who named multiple things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2