Football Manager 25

Lineker

Jack's been really good throughout the whole saga, even telling people not to pre-order the game a few weeks ago despite having a code that would get him part of the sale. His background in game development has also been interesting as he has been able to point out the massive red flags that the original release date blog/video had, such as why they were not showcasing any of the game engine and seemingly creating screenshots rather than taking them.

There's more than a few people who's livelihood is based around a new FM game every autumn/winter so hopefully they can find ways to keep going whilst the wait for FM25 goes on.

Its a fine line between being transparent with what is happening and a need to fulfil a business requirement. It's an annual release and its a catch 22 situation for them as a company. They are going to have to release this as a product due to contractual obligations, job security etc but they can't release a broken game. Is it better for them to launch it in March, get whatever they can even if it may be less than they would have got. The damage would have been more damning if they released in November a broken mess of a game. Especially in the social media age and which things can get absolutely tanked by user reviews. The long term repercussions of that would be worse than delaying the game. 

Personally I've brought every FM, i've had every Championship Manager from 3 onwards until the split happened and Football Manager became a thing and I got the first CHampionship Manager post split. It's a hard situation as I like to support the team but can I justify buying a March game and then a potential FM26 game that may be a few months down the line? 

It'd be interesting to see what are the thought processes for FM26 really. 

This release will be much like CM4 was, which was a broken mess and never amounted to a stable game. 

Problem I have with the communication is they released information on pre-orders and a whole roadmap of features etc when they knew this was happening. It’s poor all-around from SI.

• Like 2

Mark the date, 2030/31 is the first season Northampton Town will play in the Premier League in Kyle's FM24 journey. After taking them into League One by finishing third in League Two in my first season (26/27), I was knocked out of the playoffs in 27/28 before getting promoted in second place in 28/29, then won the playoffs to secure back-to-back promotions and take them to the Prem. 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress is still broken apparently. Definitely in a heavy relegation battle next season though - I've literally only just convinced the board to invest in a U21 team.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2024 at 13:18, FLiam said:

This release will be much like CM4 was, which was a broken mess and never amounted to a stable game. 

Problem I have with the communication is they released information on pre-orders and a whole roadmap of features etc when they knew this was happening. It’s poor all-around from SI.

Your avatar is appropriate, because since people have no other options, they know people will just say...