What episodes of TV shows do you always skip?

Benji

On 12/09/2024 at 15:39, GhostMachine said:

@Mick To me DS9 started to fall apart during the Dominion War. It was still a great show, but had issues.

Can you expand on this please? I only ask because while I do think the final season maybe except for the last few episodes wsn't as strong as what proceeded it, DS9 from season 3/4 onwards was all very good in general in my opinion and I am interested to hear other thoughts

• Like 2

The deeper in I go, the more and more I seem to hate Law & Order: SVU, but it's really dumb shit TV but I get to turn my brain off for a few hours after work.

I think I'm into season 18 or 19, after starting the watch on Prime from the first season they have there which is I think season 12, and my god, I have skipped a lot of episodes. The ones that specifically involve their personal lives, like the ones with Benson getting kidnapped (repeatedly!) or the ones with Rollins' sister.

I can't believe there's new episodes coming out even this year.

On 11/09/2024 at 17:36, livid said:

I generally skip any Christmas episodes unless it happens to be Christmas because a lot of them end up being side quests related specifically to the holiday and watching it in July takes me out of it entirely. 

Seconded.  When following a show live as it airs then it's great because it's airing during the season and the little break from the main plot, usually always more lighthearted, is welcome timing.

Any other time of the year it just is too grating for me.  And since it's seemingly illegal for sitcoms to not do a Christmas episode every year, I'm often skipping an episode every season in rewatches.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Seconded.  When following a show live as it airs then it's great because it's airing during the season and the little break from the main plot, usually always more lighthearted, is welcome timing.

Any other time of the year it just is too grating for me.  And since it's seemingly illegal for sitcoms to not do a Christmas episode every year, I'm often skipping an episode every season in rewatches.

One reason I'm glad we dumped cable is because Heidi would watch most, if not all, of the Hallmark Channel's Christmas In July movies.