Linkin Park return from hiatus with a new line-up, announce new album + tour

Hellraiser

I feel like this deserves his own thread.

The new signer is Emily Armstrong of Dead Sara. They also have a new drummer as Rob Bourdon is not returning to the band. His replacement is songwriter and producer Colin Brittain. The new line-up of the band live-streamed their first concert. They also shared the first single titled "The Emptiness Machine" from their upcoming 8th studio album "From Zero" which will be released on November 15th. And lastly they also announced a 6 date arena tour they will embark on to promote the album.

Tracklist for the new album:

1. From Zero (Intro)
  2. The Emptiness Machine
  3. Cut The Bridge
  4. Heavy Is The Crown
  5. Over Each Other
  6. Casualty
  7. Overflow
  8. Two Faced
  9. Stained
  10. IGYEIH
  11. Good Things Go

The music video for the new single:

The concert:

• Like 1

New single is solid, and the new members fit in well. Huzzah! 

5 hours ago, Lineker said:

We got some sources for this? 

There's pictures of her at a Scientology gala in 2013 and she was part of the entourage that showed up to Masterson's hearing with him. Obviously that was only the preliminary hearing and the evidence hadn't come to light yet, but Cedric from At The Drive In/The Mars Volta (ex-Scientologist himself and now married to one of Masterson's accusers) has been dragging her all over social media since the announcement.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

Maybe she needs the money from an album to move up in her cult? Hopefully her and the band address the rumors about her soon.

If she says she's no longer a Scientologist, then she needs to address the fact that she was still following Danny Masterson and his wife on Instagram as recently as a week ago.

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/linkin-emily-armstrong-criticism-danny-masterson-1236135990/

“Several years ago, I was asked to support someone I considered a friend at a court appearance, and went to one early hearing as an observer. Soon after, I realized I shouldn’t have. I always try to see the good in people, and I misjudged him. I have never spoken with him since.

Unimaginable details emerged and he was later found guilty.

To say it as clearly as possible: I do not condone abuse or violence against women, and I empathize with the victims of these crimes.”

Wild how people leapt from "attended the trial prelims" straight to "was a key apologist".

• Like 1

Her statement makes total sense tbh. Happy to take it relatively at face value. 

Keep in mind that she grew up in Scientology, and that regardless of her beliefs about the faith, there are "unspoken" rulings about shunning ex-members that would disconnect her from friends and family if she left. I can't imagine that kind of action would come easily to anyone.

• Like 3

As of a week ago, she still followed Masterson and his wife on Instagram. So this excuse/apology rings hollow, and is more like `I'd better lie to save my career' than an actual explanation.

There's a point of understanding, yes - but if you're a part of a group that actively seeks to harass victims of sexual assault in public, along with the other pieces of active gang-stalking that the Church of Scientology does. Too bad. Like mental health, it's not your fault - but it's your responsibility.

Being bummed that this is happening while Linkin Park is coming back is one thing - but this is her doing, ultimately. Face value on something that you have zero stake in is fine, Masterson is in jail and there's absolutely nothing to gain from keeping any kind of public support for him at this point and right now there's everything to lose.

• Like 1