EWB NFL Pickems League (2024)

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!? 

Once again I'll be doing an NFL Pickems league, utterly and shamelessly ripped off from Baddar (with his express, written consent). Last year was another successful run for the league and our champion was, to quote the Ravens, Edgar Allen @gunnar hendershow!

This year, to inject a little more drama into the league I want to switch up how the standings are determined. Instead of doing things in a rotisserie/accumulation style, we are going to do things HEAD to HEAD and keeping track with Wins-Losses-Ties. The week-to-week won’t change with picking teams and assigning point values (see below) but this year you will be going head to head with another player each week. Players will be split into random divisions with playoffs coming in the final weeks of the season.

A reminder on how things work - for this NFL prediction league, I will pick 5 games each week for you, the players, to predict the winners of. The twist comes that each player must assign a point value, 1-5, to each game (based on the confidence of their prediction). For example, a sample week could look like this (week 17 in 2020):

Pittsburgh vs Cleveland: Pittsburgh (2)
New York Giants vs Dallas: Cowboys (3)
Minnesota vs Detroit: Minnesota (1)
Los Angeles Rams vs Arizona: Rams (5)
Las Vegas vs Denver: Las Vegas (4)
As MIN, LV, and LAR all won in this instance I would have scored 10 points (of a possible 15) for the Vikings (1), Raiders (4), and Rams (5).

Past Champions:
2021: Your Mom
2022: Maxx
2023: Gunnar Hendershow

Who all wants to play!? You all do I know it! Tell your friends as well! :D

Players Signed Up:

1. Krabby
  2. Maxx
  3. Forky
  4. Jrhodes
  5. LL
  6. Damshow
  7. Livid
  8. Szumi
  9. Berober
  10. Your Mom
  11. Michelle Branch
  12. DFF
  13. Fitzy
  14. DYSI
  15. Plubby
  16. Busch

Maybe?

1. Lowerdeck?

Tagging our past players: @Maxx @DFF @gunnar hendershow @jrhodes @Cut2theKwik @Your Mom @Fitzy @LL! @The Buscher @livid @Szumi

Tagging other random football fans as well: @Pooker @Forky @DavidMarrio @Slogger @Berober @DYSI @Essa @Lowerdeck @DMN in the House @Plubby @Cactus Drags

No pressure - just tagging anyone that might be interested! The more the merrier!!!