Oasis reuniting

gunnar hendershow

10 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

You can always have this Travelling Wilburys tribute band.

But you really need to handle them with care.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Bob's still touring. Playing in the scorching summer heat with an even older Willie Nelson this summer.

91 year old Willie Nelson who has emphysema and an 83 year old Bob Dylan whose voice only gets more raspy with age is a real auditory double whammy

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Bob's still touring. Playing in the scorching summer heat with an even older Willie Nelson this summer.

People seem to be enjoying the shows, too! I wish I'd gone to see them but the nearest they were was hours away on a weekend where I really couldn't handle making that trip and coming back.

45 minutes ago, Hobo said:

91 year old Willie Nelson who has emphysema and an 83 year old Bob Dylan whose voice only gets more raspy with age is a real auditory double whammy

75 year old Robert Plant hung out for a handful of shows on that tour too! Who is comparatively, uh, 1969 Robert Plant to those two.

On 01/09/2024 at 14:13, Hobo said:

I don't know how industries managed to convince the public of the terminology "surge/flexible" pricing. It's price gouging.

On 31/08/2024 at 14:18, gunnar hendershow said:

That's what happened to me with blink-182. Thankfully they wound up doing Reading and I saw them for £40 cheaper, with better position than I probably would have, in a much more fun atmosphere, and saw other great musicians along with it. Fuck Ticketmaster.

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

I don't know how industries managed to convince the public of the terminology "surge/flexible" pricing. It's price gouging.

They don't have to convince the public, they just have to either have a monopoly or all do it anyway. I'm quite pleased that the government are at least looking into ticketing, to the Tories it will just have been 'market forces'.

• Like 3

I listened to a podcast about the reunion yesterday, and apparently next year is the year when they are allowed to sell off their song catalog, like Dylan did and whoever else, so the theory is that this reunion and tour is to raise their profile so they get a better payout for it. Maybe everyone knew that already, but I didn't know about the song catalog thing.

• Like 1