NFL 2024

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Too many penalty flags. Like has there always been so many flags? This is super annoying to watch

I legit have not watched a full NFL game in about three years, because it felt like every other play was a flag. Tonight feels the same. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Buscher said:

It feels like a surefire lock that he’ll score 3 or 4 in his first game back at MetLife.  Sirianni is a big narrative guy and he’ll scheme the entire gameplan around him that week.

It's looking like he might have 3 or 4 against everyone! :lol: 

• Haha 1

The massive difference between Barkley on the Giants and Barkley here is that he’s now on an offense where the entire offensive personnel needs to be respected.  Not a competent passing game to be found basically his entire career in NY, other than his rookie year with OBJ still on the team he’s basically the only weapon teams needed to plan for and it was clear the Giants had no answer but to force the ball to him.

This won’t stop every writer on the beat from putting out “Giants fucked up” articles the day before the season, though.

And Joe Schoen has to be feeling tense.  Because even though letting Barkley walk and not paying top dollar for a RB is what most would agree is the correct process for where the franchise is (RB should’ve always been the final luxury piece to a championship team, not the guy the entire thing is built around), John Mara made it clear he wanted to keep him.  He might actually fire Schoen now if the team sucks and Barkley looks like an MVP contender.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LL! said:

After seeing this how can you be so sure?

Watching enough Copa Libertadores has helped! But in all seriousness, this is a completely different pitch than what Corinthians play on.

That is awful for Love. I really hope he's not hurt bad. That was smart by Love to pitch it to his RB to save the game, and I really hope it didn't just cost him his season.

I cannot believe Willis didn't just lob it up. What a bizarre ending.

Really hope Love is OK.  That looked bad and walking off isn’t always a good sign.

To make a selfish fantasy point - if Love is out, Reed almost certainly won’t have a game this good with Willis at QB, so his possible best game of the year will have been on my bench.

and in a league where I had Barkley, my opponent started Reed and cancelled him out point for point.  2 games in and I’m annoyed :lol:

Oh yay I get to pull this out again this year

av7nl6M.jpeg

• Haha 3