NFL 2024

42 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I've got Derrick Henry in the Keeper League and Lamar in my Family league. Go to hell Kansas City! :w00t:

I'm very conflicted. I have guys on both teams...

• Sad 1

I put some Chiefs bets in over the summer because the Chiefs have become like the Brady Pats teams where you're just not going to get better odds on them than you do over the summer.  Much as it's tough to fathom someone actually threepeating, Mahomes is Mahomes and has already shown he can win with anybody.  Reid's one of the best to ever do it.  Spags is an awesome DC.  And yes, as much as I think the "rigged to make sure Mahomes is the new Brady" or "rigged for Taylor Swift" online conspiracy theories are little more than something to laugh at, I do think that if we were ever going to see league-mandated ref rigging, this team probably does check all the boxes for who they'd do it for.

Now watching Xavier Worthy go off in week 1 looking like he might be Tyreek Hill on a rookie deal, yeesh.

I threw a few bucks on longer shots too but it's just increasingly difficult to lay real money against Mahomes.

• Like 1

They need to continue their tremendous injury luck, which seems unlikely. Their tackles are bad, a likely poor Ravens pass rush was getting in the backfield a lot. They have a defense that is prime regression fodder because of how healthy they stayed and how many guys outperformed their individual PFF ratings.

Worthy was seldom out there which implies he's more one-dimensional, though that may not stay the case. Teams can and will figure out what to do if he's just supposed to be a big play only guy (keep multiple safeties back when they see him line up, which Marlon Humphrey assumed the Ravens were doing on his 2nd TD)

All this is to say they're the best bet but they play in a now extremely crowded conference, which the two peak Brady Pats runs did not occur during (the run where they made one Super Bowl and lost to NY was when the conference was deep). Cincinnati has a last ride in them before Mike Brown's cheapness sentences them to the wild card round at best. Bills will retool, maybe throughout the season. Houston and Indianapolis are rising. The Chargers in a year one regime are an x factor. You didn't have all these questions with Brady, it was one team that could challenge them at most in every run they made to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles are going to wear black instead of green when they play the Packers in Brazil, because of a major soccer rivalry there. That includes black helmets, instead of just wearing their existing alternate jersey, so I'm assuming there will be no green at all. The Packers are going to wear their white jerseys without any changes.

Wonder how quick the NFL will market black and white Eagles jerseys with no green trim?

Edited by GhostMachine

7 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Saquon looking pretty damn great so far in an offense where he's not having be the best RB and WR simultaneously. That first TD was a beautiful route, throw, and catch.

But the less said about your defense, the better. 😐

Edited by Meacon Keaton
  • Haha 1

I will definitely say this though: this field is TERRIBLE! It's worse than the Super Bowl from 18 months ago. Players are slipping almost every play.

I know Brazilians dive nonstop in football, but it's done on purpose, not because they're slipping on the pitch!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Szumi said:

I will definitely say this though: this field is TERRIBLE! It's worse than the Super Bowl from 18 months ago. Players are slipping almost every play.

I know Brazilians dive nonstop in football, but it's done on purpose, not because they're slipping on the pitch!

After seeing this how can you be so sure?