NFL 2024

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Cowboys look at their running back room, saw how bad it was, and then at all of the running backs cut yesterday...and then signed Dalvin Cook.

On 26/08/2024 at 23:06, Lint said:

And how!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

That's fake apparently.

Of course it is. He wouldn't be wearing a real nutsack now would he? That would be so silly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

The opposite of that

I don't know why he waited until my birthday to sign, but I'm glad he did and that drama is over.

• Like 2

The teams that can pay him what he wants aren't going to have any success if they do, and I'm including the Cowboys in that.

The NFL has a serious problem with QB contracts if a guy who is one season removed from leading the league in interceptions, whose biggest accomplishment since being rookie of the year eight years ago, is being a runner up MVP candidate, is somehow going to command one of the top two richest QB contracts in the league.

• Like 1

I'm terrified it'll be the Giants.  They probably won't be good this year.  But in typical Giants fashion, they'll likely win just enough to keep them out of top QB in the draft territory.  The QB class is projected to be weak anyway but that doesn't mean that can't change - I'd rather roll the dice on a Beck or Ewers than spend up the butt on Prescott.

Mara probably isn't firing a GM after three seasons but I'd feel like Schoen, who usually seems like a cool customer, would panic and just try to get a good QB locked in even if it's not someone that will win you a SB.  And given the Giants often lose their players to division rivals and not the other way around, it'd earn him brownie points for Mara to take the Cowboys' QB away regardless of the best move for the long term.  Ugh.