NFL 2024

Yeah I’d rank Buffalo and Minnesota ahead of Atlanta on the cursed list but 28-3…oh boy.  Probably the most miserable experience I’ve had watching a Super Bowl.  By the end of the 3rd it felt like the Falcons were cooked despite still being up multiple scores.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Yeah I’d rank Buffalo and Minnesota ahead of Atlanta on the cursed list but 28-3…oh boy.  Probably the most miserable experience I’ve had watching a Super Bowl.  By the end of the 3rd it felt like the Falcons were cooked despite still being up multiple scores.

I vividly remember telling people, maybe even posting it here, that Atlanta had to just eat a lot of clock and they'd make it impossible for NE. Ah well

• Like 3

Sauce Gardner, asked how it was to face Daniel Jones in joint practice with the Giants today, gave the nice, media-friendly answer but clearly struggled through it.  Very obvious from his tone and trying to find the right words that he really just wanted to say "this guy sucks"

The Giants feel like they're the league laughing stock at the moment because just about every preview you read inevitably breaks down to "they have Daniel Jones, there is no shot they'll be good".  It feels like on paper they're doing just about everything they should being in roster-building and it doesn't mean a thing because they still have this guy for at least one more season.

Tommy DeVito getting to play for his childhood team and pick up some wins including in primetime was a fun story, but Giants fans who were all doing the hand gestures last year will vilify him if Drake Maye looks even halfway competent for the Pats this year.

I like it when the NFC East (except the Eagles) is strong. So I hope the Giants do get back on track. If they keep Jones much longer, they will really be in trouble. Why the hell did they give him that contract extension last year?

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Why the hell did they give him that contract extension last year?

Because he played competently in the Daboll scheme in 2022, got them to a winning record and a playoff berth, and had probably the best game of his career against Minny in the playoffs.  Probably the biggest factor though - there was no clear upgrade available nor did they have a high enough draft pick to justify moving up to get one.

Teams hold on to any QB they think they can win with.  And QBs also have no mid market, the cost just is what it is.  Jones was paid as a top 10 QB and his salary is already down to mid range a year later and it’s set up to get out of the deal.

If Barkley had taken his 3-year deal that was offered, maybe the Giants franchise tag Jones for another prove-it year instead of signing him long-term.  Failing that they might’ve signed Baker or something while Jones goes to Tampa.  Maybe they get a good year out of Baker but they’d then have to sign him just as Tampa did.  Not really sure their situation would be that much better.

Cowboys lose DaRon Bland for 6-8 weeks because apparently we never get to have him and Diggs healthy at the same time.

• Sad 1

Just had a discussion with my neighbor, who played D II Football about 12 years ago (Running Back), and is also a Cowboys fan. He thinks that Dallas will end up trading Dak, starting Rush, then tank the season so they can draft Shadeur Sanders.

(Can't wait to see what @Maxx thinks about that!)

• Haha 1

I feel like we are seeing a ton of revisionist history with the Trey Lance thing with the Niners and Cowboys. I've been seeing a lot of COWBOYS TREY LANCE TRADE AN UNMITIGATED FAILURE, ONE OF THE WORST OF ALL TIME!

I think obviously because of the other parties involved, notably Brock Purdy and Jerry Jones, it feels like people are convinced that the Niners outright FLEECED the Cowboys and just letting the absolutely stunning L of a trade that the Niners pulled to draft Lance fade into the mists of obscurity. 

Just seems disingenuous to call the Cowboys deal such a horrific mess when in reality, it's an (expensive) flier on a possible top QB. 

• Like 2