NFL 2024

In fairness to the Giants, they would be 2-1 right now if they had a kicker.  But it’s not like they’ve looked overly impressive in either win.  The defensive line was great against Cleveland but 3 of their OL went down hurt.

Dallas has blown the Giants so often over the years it barely registers.  And now they’re in desperate need of a get-right game.

My assumption is still Dallas in a blowout.  If the Giants keep it competitive I’ll be happy.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Cowboys absolutely lose that game if the Giants had a good QB.

Yup.  It's extremely clear from Daboll's playcalling that he doesn't trust Jones to throw more than 10 yards and looking at the metrics of his passes 20+ yards, I don't blame him.  That he's often asked to throw short of the sticks on third down is something we've seen in two separate regimes under Jones before this.  Finally with good pass blocking, there's no excuse for this.

Very funny that the cliche of "can't win if you can't score touchdowns" comes up today not even two weeks after losing a game in which they surrendered zero touchdowns.  They were both games they would've won if they had an actual good football team but the limited QB and the poor secondary prevent that.

Ah well.  At least it wasn't a blowout but I still don't see more than 4-5 wins tops for this team.  I guess for Daboll and Schoen the big thing will be does the team continue to play hard or do they roll over ala 2021 Joe Judge.

• Sad 1

He shouldn’t trust him, his throws have like no zip.  Nabers had his man beat a few times, only to have to stop and wait for Jones to get him the ball.

Demarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons are both hurt.  Hard to imagine what a worse version of the Cowboys defense would look like, but I guess we get to find out.