NFL 2024

15 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Screenshotting since I assume he eventually deletes it. Right?

Screenshot_20240808-202406.png

image.gif

• Haha 2

Instead of wasting money on Dak, they should be spending it on CeeDee, if anyone. 

I'd say bringing back Zeke was a waste, but it is a one year deal, and they got him cheap.

But I am still under no illusions (or allusions) that the Cowboys are going to even make it to a Super Bowl with Jerry Jones as their owner. 

(But if I had to bet on either Dallas making a SB with Jerry as owner or Chicago making one with Caleb as starting QB, I'd bet on Dallas.)

Edited by GhostMachine

1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Screenshotting since I assume he eventually deletes it. Right?

Screenshot_20240808-202406.png

Get bent, old man! 

And you too Jerald Jones! Pay the man. 

• Haha 1

So, the NFL pre-season has begun in proper... It's going to be another long season for the Carolina Panthers, me thinks. (sol campbell)

I do think it's likely he eventually shows up and plays for the Jets.  Mostly because I don't think too many teams are gonna rush to pay a guy who won't report to his new team, even if it's within his right to try to get his contract locked in after the body of work he's put together.  He turns 30 in September, I don't blame him for not wanting the bag now as his age will be another thing that teams use against him in negotiations. 

Maybe he skips a few weeks hoping the defense is subpar out of hopes it forces their hand to pay him but most likely he's there by sometime in October at the latest.  His agent probably will try to get him there by week 1 as he doesn't really have much leverage.

2 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

I should get a comp pick for Justin Jefferson.

Sam Darnold was always going to be the starter. You've made your own bed!

There's a lot of instances in the past 15 years or so where an early draft selection is seemingly ticketed to be on the bench and learn behind an uninspiring veteran only for the team to reverse course and decide it's better to get the rookie in early.  No matter what the team said publicly I was definitely not closing the door on McCarthy playing week 1 when the alternative was Sam Darnold.

As a Giants fan I was also dreading the prospect of playing McCarthy because he was the only rumored QB target the Giants were in a position to take.  I personally wasn't sold on McCarthy and preferred Nabers.  But if he lit the Giants up while Jones struggled it would've basically gotten everyone calling for Schoen's head.

Now then, if they lose to Darnold at least I'll know I can throw in the towel already and devote my Sundays to RedZone instead.

Yeah no cool...cool, cool, cool. Definitely didn't have any hopes for this season AT ALL so this stuff today is all like...no big deal at wall whatsoever.

• Sad 1

I hope I am wrong about Caleb Williams being a bust. Watching Hard Knocks and his chill, almost dorky, personality is winning me over. I think I let my blind hatred for everything USC cause me to hate him much more than I would have if he had gone to UCLA or Oregon or something. I still can't get the image of him pouting on the sidelines when Notre Dame's defense stuck his head up on his own ass, but I'm trying. 

3 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I hope I am wrong about Caleb Williams being a bust. Watching Hard Knocks and his chill, almost dorky, personality is winning me over. I think I let my blind hatred for everything USC cause me to hate him much more than I would have if he had gone to UCLA or Oregon or something. I still can't get the image of him pouting on the sidelines when Notre Dame's defense stuck his head up on his own ass, but I'm trying. 

For the Bears' sake, I hope he isn't a bust. But with the attitude I've seen from most Bears fans online and a couple in real life, including a few who love to blast the Cowboys whenever they can, I'm hoping he is mediocre at best.