NFL 2024

Given the clouds around Watson I think the Browns can't part with Jameis. Jake Browning would be a decent trade for them, but who knows if Burrow is actually ever going to be fully healthy. Flacco is on a win-now team as a not-terrible backup for a reason.

Tannehill is probably the best option. Unless the Ravens can convince Miami that Pro Bowler Tyler Huntley got there for being good and not as a joke.

Jets won't part with Tyrod Taylor to a division rival. Another name I have seen floated out around is Zach Wilson which, from a narrative aspect, would be amazing and hilarious (and maybe not just terrible). Can you imagine Jets vs Dolphins with AAron and Wilson facing off? 

Also, Russell Wilson is another name I've seen floated out there if Justin Fields does good this week.

Jaren Hall wasn't terribad for the Vikings is sitting behind Sam Howell for the Seahawks backup spot.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing Jones ranking near the top 15 in terms of fantasy QB plays. Even seeing articles about how he's a sleeper starter candidate for this week. Did anybody WATCH this team a week ago?

I do understand that this is more of an indictment of how bad the Commanders defense is, as well as a nod to Jones and the Giants' recent success against that team. But still. You couldn't pay me to start this guy in a league.

Anyway, this just further reinforces that if he looks like crap against that defense, there's just no way the team can justify going a step further with him.

Jimmy G surely has to get consideration if Lance is going to get a look.

Tannehill is the easiest option though.  Flacco would be the most fun, but I can’t imagine the Colts want to give him up.  I’d be calling the Lions to see if you can pry Hendon Hooker away from them.

Graham Gano injured his groin during the week.  Looked uncomfortable all week in practice.  All the beat writers pointed out the Giants had a backup kicker on the PS and it’d be wise to use one of their two PS elevations on him.

The Giants didn’t.  And Gano got hurt on the opening kickoff, doubtful to return.  The Giants will have no kicker for the rest of the game.

I’m ready for Daboll and Schoen to be fired.  One play into the second game.  The roster management is just so egregiously terrible.

• Sad 1