NFL 2024

Shannon Sharpe has now claimed his phone was hacked, but uh, apparently he accidentally went on IG Live while having sex with someone, and oh boy is he trending for all the wrong reasons right now.

Think he might be getting a call from his bosses for a meeting tomorrow morning!

• Haha 1

I mean coming in down 3 touchdowns like that would be less nerve wracking. 

Only the truly deranged actually expect you to win from that position. 

I'm so glad I picked up Tua as a back up in fantasy. I thought I was getting a steal. Nope. Hope he is OK and can make a full recovery, rather it's still playing football or not. Never want to see anybody get a concussion or any other injury that could affect the rest of their life.

Want your NFL team to win? Let me know so I can tip against them and it will probably happen.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Does not work for the Caronina Panthers fans

Edited by PantherFan22
Fixed a tag. What of it?

I was just looking at who could possibly step in and "Joe Flacco" the Dolphins and the leading candidate (Since the Flacc Attack is holding the Clipboard in Indianapolis) has an interesting history there in Miami. It's the (potential) return of: Ryan Tannehill!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Tua has now suffered four diagnosed concussions in the past five years. It isn't safe for him to be out there any longer; someone needs to protect him from himself.

If aging MMA and boxing guys are any indication it's that the concussions will only become easier for him to sustain the more he has. He should retire and hope he has quality of life in 25 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Tua has now suffered four diagnosed concussions in the past five years. It isn't safe for him to be out there any longer; someone needs to protect him from himself.

Yeah, the four diagnosed concussions is alarming, especially when we know it will be a much higher amount. That horrible collision he had the week before the official concussion in 2022 had to be one too, it was nasty.

There is no way he should keep playing. I've no idea why he went into that contact the way he did, especially since he supposedly has taken all these steps to try and minimise the chances of getting one (not that you really can whilst you continue playing), but I just hope he is taken out of the game now because he's already at serious risk of health issues later in life.

• Sad 1

Mike McDaniel says the team will sign a QB for depth but will stick with Skylar Thompson.  I wouldn't expect him to say anything less in the immediate aftermath so as to not bury his current backup QB but if Tua is expected to be out for a while if not retire (which I'd be in favor of), they surely have to call up Ryan Tannehill for another run.

Tannehill isn't great by any stretch but running with Skylar Thompson effectively turns this into a punt season for a team that had expectations and is in very much a "win now" cap situation.

When the options are...

Nate Sudfeld

CJ Beathard

Trevor Siemian

Blaine Gabbert

PJ Walker

John Wolford

Brian Hoyer

You'd be insane not to go with Tannehill. Unless, he holds some resentment of coming back to the Dolphins...

If Tua is retiring, however, they would best be served trading for someone like a Joe Flacco or Jameis Winston.