NFL 2024

Will be interesting to see what happens. It's painfully obvious to me that the only reason he didn't essentially get ousted from the league was that he was a really great and marketable player. As callous as that might be, but the league only gives a shit about making money. And, well, he's no longer either of those things so I predict this is the last straw since he offers close to zero benefits and will continue to be a PR headache. 

38yapg.jpg

• Like 1

Question for anyone who watched the Bears game:

Was the Titans' defense that good or the Bears' offense (specifically Caleb) that shit? Or a bit of both. 14-29 without any TD passes is not going to help his or his fans' cause.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Question for anyone who watched the Bears game:

Was the Titans' defense that good or the Bears' offense (specifically Caleb) that shit? Or a bit of both. 14-29 without any TD passes is not going to help his or his fans' cause.

We won

• Haha 1

For those who haven't seen it. Body cam footage of the Tyreek Hill incident yesterday. Not really much of a trigger warning here as there's thankfully minimal, minimal violence. But it absolutely of course shows several power hungry pieces of shit who expect to be able to do whatever they want and be protected by their organized crime group. Pretty sure this only ends up in the worst offender here ending up getting hired by some other city/county.

I expect the Jets guys on WFAN to be panicking tomorrow but I'm not sure it's warranted.  They didn't look great tonight but they were also playing the reigning NFC champions and a team on the shortlist of favorites to go back to the Super Bowl.  Any Jets fan who says they had this one penciled in as a win is probably lying.

The offense was meh but Rodgers is 40 and hasn't played in a year nor in the preseason.  Rust was to be expected and this is about as bad of a first game opponent he could ask for.  He's clearly got a connection with Wilson and Hall manages to eke out productive numbers even against one of, if not the best defenses in the league.

The defense is more troubling - Jordan Mason was gashing the run defense.  The pass rush was getting no pressure at all.  Haason Reddick has probably gained some leverage.  But again, does this mean these groups are bad or are we just being reminded that Trent Williams and the rest of the OL are incredibly good?

The Jets' schedule sets up favorably from here.  If they lose to the Titans then they can panic.  But not now.

I know it's 1 game into a season... But we are rubbish... Perhaps Luke Kuechley could do the job.

*I wonder why sometimes, Tottenham and Carolina Panthers*

Edited by PantherFan22
Slovenia rules!
  • Sad 1

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, LL! said:

Aaron Rodgers has now amassed 13/22 completions for 167 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT over the course of 18 games as a NY Jets player. Talk about washed...

• Haha 3

It's a funny stat comparison, but it's going to be extremely lolworthy if this is how the rest of Rodger's season is.

Let's not forget that Zach Wilson not only beat Buffalo that night, he beat pre-collapse Philadelphia and Jalen Hurts, he outdueled Patty Mahomes and nearly beat the Chiefs, and he freakin torched the playoff bound Houston Texans. Yeah he put up some clunkers, yes he wasn't always great or fantastic, but it's not like the Jets had the WORST QB play out there.

If Rodgers can't out-class that, for all his talk and bluster and ego, it's gonna be an all-time meme of a season.

I fully expect him to bounce back and all that jazz, but it's not a great start for him.  

I was only half-joking when I predicted Rodgers season for a Jets-supporting friend a few months back:

Spoiler

Jets schedule:
49ers - L
Titans - W
Patriots - W
Broncos - W
=Jets fan enter JETS ARE GONNA WIN THE SUPER BOWL mode=
Vikings - L
Bills - L
Steelers - L
Patriots - W
Texans - L
Cardinals - L
Colts - L
=Aaron Rodgers in a post election meltdown accuses Joe Biden of orchestrating 9/11=
Seahawks - L
Dolphins - L
Jaguars - L
=Aaron Rodgers retires to live off-grid in an underground bunker, citing the coming apocalypse. Still somehow calls into Pat McAfee every week=
Rams - W 
=Tyrod Taylor throws four touchdowns, more than Rodgers has in any game this season=
Bills - W
Dolphins - W
=Jets ruin the Dolphins season, eliminating them from playoff contention in the final week of the season= 

• Haha 1