2024 Paris Paralympics

As much as I greatly respect the skills of the competitors, I find it hard to watch the gymnastics events for any great length of time. It all blurs together in my mind after a while, once the initial "wow" factor dies down. I feel the same way about figure skating in the Winter Olympics.

• Like 1

I don't dislike it as one of my regular "once every four years" things but it can go into a bit of a blur not fully understanding the intricacies they're judging on. You'll see things that look pretty impressive scoring less than things that look less impressive for example. 

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Gold for Ireland in the swimming. They hadn't won a medal in the pool since 1996, and now they have two in these games.

How are the Irish that bad at swimming - they're a big island!

21 minutes ago, Krabby said:

How are the Irish that bad at swimming - they're a big island!

cause the sea is cold

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Maxx said:

image.gif

Jimmer Time!  

Well that went as well as his NBA career.

I honestly haven't had a problem with Discovery+ when it comes to keeping up with things. I don't know if it's really "soulless" either. I think the writer means "there's not always commentary" which when you get over the top cheerleading squads - a bit better on that than on other services in fairness - is infuriating. There are some sports with intricacies it'd be useful to have, but most of the time it's not needed - in archery I know that man getting three arrows in the middle part of the target is good, in judo girl throws other girl over her head and leaves her flat on her back is good I don't really need my hand held.

Some of the sports could be streamlined, do I need to come out and back into the next game in the 7s for example? Not really, although for simplicity sake I get as well in that if I just want to watch every event by X country they're separated out rather than making me sit through hours of the thing scrolling to try and find the match I want to watch. It's not perfect but being able to have a couple of tabs up and saying "I think I'll see how the British girl does in the badminton, while keeping an eye on how things are going in the archery for example isn't a problem for me.

I've navigated the Discovery+ app quite easily. I've found that most of the time, the BBC and Eurosport haven't had coverage of what I want to watch though.

I did enjoy the mountain bike races the other day though, never watched it before but is different to regular cycling which I've never been arsed to properly understand.