2024 Paris Paralympics

2 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

This has been a really disorienting opening ceremony, especially the way NBC are covering it. When I tuned in it was a couple ladies whose names I didn't catch covering the parade of nations and they didn't seem to know nearly anything about anything beyond the names of some of the performers (not Gojira, though) so they were just going "oh that's cool!"

Now they have switched over to a guy whose name I didn't catch who does in fact have factoids for every single country he's covering... and Peyton Manning.

So the "oh that's cool!" person was Kelly Clarkson. And, yes, she has been baaaaaaaaad.

Just now, gunnar hendershow said:

So the "oh that's cool!" person was Kelly Clarkson. And, yes, she has been baaaaaaaaad.

of course it's Kelly Clarkson. I saw that Colin Jost from Saturday Night Live is covering the surfing competitions for some reason. Insane.

Anyway, opera singer good.

I will say that Peyton Manning talking about 3x3 basketball like a student who's learned a fact for a presentation and is very excited to show it off was pretty endearing.

• Haha 4

To be honest, I've liked it being done the way it has been. Normally you'd have the hit and miss performance bits where some bits drag and others are quite good... Then you sit there for approximately four hours while the parade happens. Mixing the two isn't as painful in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced, somehow by having the artsy bits interspersed with the parade has made both bits feel even longer somehow. Fair play to them all for dancing this long in the rain but this music bit is awful. At least play some Daft Punk or Justice or something vaguely French.

Fucking hell, someone tell him his pianos on fire.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm not convinced, somehow by having the artsy bits interspersed with the parade has made both bits feel even longer somehow. Fair play to them all for dancing this long in the rain but this music bit is awful. At least play some Daft Punk or Justice or something vaguely French.

They were playing both in between the live music, basically serenaded the flotilla. Of course if your broadcast is anything like ours the endless yapping of the presenters meant you never heard it.

Are we really going to leave the Minions stealing the Mona Lisa unresolved? Sat through hours of this and they're going to leave us without a resolution. Can't believe they expect me to wait for the sequel. Whole thing is bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2