2024 Paris Paralympics

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Cricket is massive in India, which is a big reason why it's going to be included. Trying to entice a population of 1.4 billion is a big strategy for the IOC.

Ah, the WWE in 2017 strategy. 

In fairness, while the US bringing it in on the surface level might seem odd, it makes sense for one of the most played sports in the world to be in there. There's the strong Commonwealth link in the traditional sides of course but it's not completely tied down to just being that with a few countries from outside embracing the T20 format. The US getting out of the initial groups in the recent world cup was huge. As a format, it's been similar to 7s in rugby in that it's become something that less traditional sides have embraced and done okay in - US and Canada medalling being a great example - so even without the big Indian support I'd say there's a place for it. Of course, as I said earlier, I could probably find a good argument for loads of random things getting in and they can't realistically put everything in.

• Lineker changed the title to 2024 Paris Paralympics
  • Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2024 at 18:52, The Buscher said:

As someone who knows nothing of breakdancing I think some of the comments on Raygun are a bit harsh and agree with the general "at least she tried" sentiment.  I mean if you had the chance to go to the Olympics doing something you're passionate about , why wouldn't you?

But plenty of people who follow breakdancing have basically said it's not really unfair to clown her because it's audacious that she thought she could compete at that level in the first place - she might be passionate but she basically insulted the art form by doing that on a global stage.

Some of the comments read like Jim Cornette covering breakdancing instead of wrestling.  Strange.

Raygun is now the world number 1 breakdancer.

• Haha 1