2024 Paris Paralympics

Even without Durant running his mouth, US men's basketball are the only Olympic team I want to see lose and I feel this way most every Olympics, even if I like some of the players on the actual team.  I just don't find it all that interesting to see a team of NBA superstars running roughshod over a bunch of teams who are never going to be able to field anything close to that same level of roster.  

I'm turning into my dad.  As a kid I thought the concept of the Dream Team was the coolest thing ever and I couldn't understand why he was bitterly rooting for them to lose to like, Yugoslavia or something.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

It's either the most painfully worst thing or the most incredible... I can't tell which.

One the one hand, you've got competitors called Raygun and LogistX. On the other, you've got people dancing to Iron Butterfly while Snoop Dogg watches.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

It's either the most painfully worst thing or the most incredible... I can't tell which.

That's the Olympic weight lifting for us. In 30 minutes of watching the snatch and clean & jerk, we saw more injuries than successful lifts. For a lift that serves no actual muscle building purpose and is absurdly damaging to your knees, back, neck, and shoulders.

Even with squats, bench press etc I totally respect wanting to build strength but as is the case with most exercises people can take it to such an extreme that I have to think there's no way it isn't diminishing returns.  Especially competitively.

I've seen friends who have gotten way into weightlifting post videos of them doing squats that require a squatter directly behind them shadowing their arms plus two spotters on each side keeping their hands right under the weights.  If you need five meaty dudes to ensure you don't get horribly injured trying to squat something a few inches maybe you should not be doing it?

• Like 2

Spain already equalized vs France, a good final so far. Aaaand Spain is now up 3-1. France have had zero response since the equalizer.

Story of the day for me though is Germany's Handball keeper, Andreas Wolf. Guy put on the performance of a lifetime with the amount of saves, and great saves too, he pulled off to have Germany beat Spain. Germany are going to the Gold Medal match after two crazy, crazy matches.

The QF chaos against France was unreal. German players accepted defeat and were walking off the court, France inexplicably called a timeout. Germany intercepted the ensuing restart with 6 seconds left, and scored a buzzer beater from distance to force OT, where they ultimately won. Pretty much a strong of events never seen before in Handball!

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

With the way Kevin Durant has been acting to any fan that even dares give Serbia a little bit of credit I kind of wish the US had lost that game now

He's still salty that everyone knows the only way he could win a Championship is to piggy back on Steph and Klay