2024 Paris Paralympics

Missed most of the excitement. Just caught up on the 1500m. You knew when the US broadcasts spent the entire buildup on the rivalry of two guys without focusing much on the Americans that there was at least a guaranteed shock. What a way to win it at the end by Hocker, he was just faster than everyone else there.

Gabby Thomas won the 200m as well, which I guess counts less as an upset.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Andy Macdonald competed in the skateboarding at the age of 51 today. He's over twice the age of any other competitor in the event, with the youngest being 11.

Literally this: 

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.png

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

What a last 100m from the American that was. So many "nearly Gold" moments for the Brits at the moment.

It does seem to be a developing theme for these Olympics. Quincy Hall's final surge was like something out of Mario Kart.

Matthew Hudson-Smith's time was nearly a second faster than any British 400m competitor has run before, and seven tenths faster than any other European.

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So did they let Lyles compete with Covid? I heard he has it now but like did they know and still let him do the race today?

He was wearing a mask before the introductions, so I'd say it's very likely he knew he had it. I can't imagine the team wouldn't have asked about it either.