2024 Paris Paralympics

Ask a very silly question, but is the speed climbing layout always the same across Olympics? Feels like it would have to be for records to be valid but also a bit boring...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colly said:

Ask a very silly question, but is the speed climbing layout always the same across Olympics? Feels like it would have to be for records to be valid but also a bit boring...

Yes. The speed climbing wall is exactly the same configuration all over the world, in every gym. There are specific techniques and moves just for this wall.

• Thanks 1

I feel like this games is missing it's 'Eric the Eel'. Where's the 19 stone Polynesian lad running the 110m Hurdles or the 46 year old woman from Eritrea doing the shot put?

It was one hell of a run, I'm not sure how much more she could have done as the Aussie and Japanese girls put on very good runs themselves. The biggest what-if  for me will be the other Japanese lass who couldn't complete her run, it was shaping up to be right up there as well and could have made it an even more packed battle at the top. A bronze with that shoulder is an incredible achievement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'd quite like both these knobs to not medal in the men's 1500.

They way they've built it up as a two-way battle seems rather dismissive of the rest of the field. Kerr is only ranked ninth in the world this year. Ingebritsen has gone two seconds faster than anyone else this season so far, so he ought to win as long as he doesn't misjudge the pace.