2024 Paris Paralympics

100m race was insane. I jumped off my couch when they said Lyles won it. Absolutely insane to come back the way he did.

And how about that Canadian that won the hammer throw? Half the size of the rest of the throwers!

3 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Cheng and Hughes hang on!  Very tough challenge from the Italian team.

That match was amazing. Some absolutely ridiculous digs and saves from both teams in that. Sarah Hughes was just next level in that match, and it made the difference. Incredible match.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Buscher said:

Intense badminton doubles final.  The crowd was going crazy for Taiwan.

Was on the edge of my seat. My heart had already gone through several cardiac arrests for the Bronze medal match when Malaysia almost fumbled the bag there.

One more medal to win for us in the badminton singles, hope Lee Zii Jia pulls it off. 

Molly Caudery, a big GB medal hope for her performances this year, and a strong candidate for endorsement deals if she'd won (think the non-hockey equivalent of Sam Quek), has crashed out of the pole vault at the first stage. She failed to clear 4.55m three times, despite clearing 4.92m earlier this year.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Molly Caudery, a big GB medal hope for her performances this year, and a strong candidate for endorsement deals if she'd won (think the non-hockey equivalent of Sam Quek), has crashed out of the pole vault at the first stage. She failed to clear 4.55m three times, despite clearing 4.92m earlier this year.

She went for a higher starting height than was probably needed too, really a massive shame. She was one of the only British medal hopes I was aware of in the Athletics going into the Olympics, so to not even make the final is gutting.

• Sad 1

It's been a bit of a disappointing start for Britain in the athletics, with Hughes, Hinchliffe and Asher-Smith underperforming in the 100m. Hopefully, Keely Hodgkinson can get it done in the 800m tonight. Matthew Hudson-Smith in the 400m is a definite medal hope too.