2024 Paris Paralympics

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I've navigated the Discovery+ app quite easily. I've found that most of the time, the BBC and Eurosport haven't had coverage of what I want to watch though.

I did enjoy the mountain bike races the other day though, never watched it before but is different to regular cycling which I've never been arsed to properly understand.

I was like that with the rock climbing in the Tokyo Olympics. Ended up getting sucked into it and watching a loaf of it

In terms of the Discovery App I've found it quite alright tbh, only annoying thing is backing out to watch the same sport sometimes or when it says its live but it's actually not on. 

Imane Khelif, who has been rumoured to have DSD, has won in her first boxing match of the Olympics, triggering outrage from the so-called gender critical movement.

Khelif was born a woman and has an amateur record of 9 wins and 5 defeats in female competition. However, JK Rowling has been leading the claims that she's a man who transitioned with the primary intention of hurting "real" women.

1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

If only everyone listened when we said "they're eventually going to come for anyone who even looks somewhat "masculine"".

Funny how the women being targeted are not white either

• Like 1

Yea, the bigots are out in full force with this one. Even the "enlightened centrists" are latching on. She was born a woman, her father was even opposed to a girl boxing. 

Also, Algeria isn't exactly known for being kind to the LGBTQ community so its more hand wringing over nothing. Why does anybody think they'd be the country to send a trans individual? 

Because people don't actually look beyond the surface level. They see a headline and become outraged.

• Like 2

Also, and I say this with the greatest of respect for my fellow Italian, her opponent was absolutely terrible. She didn't even have her hands up most of the time.

I've just watched Biles' floor routine, and that lady has a total lack of respect for gravity. Those tumbles were insane.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Also, and I say this with the greatest of respect for my fellow Italian, her opponent was absolutely terrible. She didn't even have her hands up most of the time.

For what it's worth, the Italian boxer claimed after the match that she gave up because she got hit on her recently healed nose and it hurt too much to continue, and further added that it was in no shape a political statement.

Of course, won't stop the bigots from creating a controversy where there really isn't one. I guess the commotion over the last supper that wasn't the last supper has died down, so they need to fabricate the next controversy that fits their hateful agenda.

• Like 1

I've only caught random bits today, but the mens judo final (super heavyweight?) was brilliant, as was all the BMXing. French 1-2-3 in the mens final, needless to say pandemonium.