2024-2025 NBA season

30 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I just cannot imagine how that is the best return you can get for KAT.

This. It's just such a weird trade and makes me think they desperately wanted to get rid of KAT for whatever reason. 

The reasons being reported, i.e. put out by the Wolves without being named as a source, is that the KAT contract was so large ($220m for 4 years) that they would have to lose several role players, including NAZ REID and Nikail Alexander-Walker, at the end of the season to afford it.

The fact they have specifically named NAZ REID seems like a way of trying to emotionally blackmail Wolves fans into seeing it their way, as NAZ REID is maybe even more popular than KAT to a lot of the fanbase. 

It appears we have also received Keita Bates-Diop back as part of it, as well as a first round pick the Knicks had via the Pistons which is one of the most restricted first round picks in history. These have not helped my mood.

As for KAT, he's spent the day at a community event in Minnesota, still wearing full Wolves gear, because of course he is.

There's good news for someone though! @Pooker, those 1st round picks you got for Rudy are going to become much earlier in the draft.

Yea. I'm happy about that, for sure. But, I'm bummed for Rudy, Mike Conley, and Joe Ingles. I would rather them win a championship then the Jazz yet a better first round pick.

58 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The reasons being reported, i.e. put out by the Wolves without being named as a source, is that the KAT contract was so large ($220m for 4 years) that they would have to lose several role players, including NAZ REID and Nikail Alexander-Walker, at the end of the season to afford it.

The fact they have specifically named NAZ REID seems like a way of trying to emotionally blackmail Wolves fans into seeing it their way, as NAZ REID is maybe even more popular than KAT to a lot of the fanbase. 

It appears we have also received Keita Bates-Diop back as part of it, as well as a first round pick the Knicks had via the Pistons which is one of the most restricted first round picks in history. These have not helped my mood.

As for KAT, he's spent the day at a community event in Minnesota, still wearing full Wolves gear, because of course he is.

There's good news for someone though! @Pooker, those 1st round picks you got for Rudy are going to become much earlier in the draft.

That first will also convey to a 2nd if the Pistons continue to pick in the lottery.

It's not like Randle is a bad player. He was an all-star last year just like KAT. If anything, he might fit in better with Gobert. Plus, being able to keep NAW and Naz Reid next year helps with depth as does adding Donte.