Premier League 2024/25

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Ruling out goals for the slightest possible thing that isn't clear isn't in the spirit of football.

I'm so glad Doncaster play in the lower leagues because if we had to deal with VAR every week, I'd stop caring at all. It has truly spoiled the experience of watching a game.

How they haven't then looked at Joelinton clotheslining the keeper for a red either, I don't get it.

They said it'd only be clear and obvious decisions, it wasn't. They said they wouldn't re-referee games, yet that's exactly what they do. Now they've said it'll be "referee's call" and that's not the case either. I'm fed up of it.

• Like 4

I would honestly be pretty upset were I a Bournemouth supporter. I think on the replay it's right below that line where it gets called and therefore is the "right" call. But the fact it requires that level of examination, to me, is far beyond what VAR should ever be brought in to do. It didn't hit his forearm or elbow, which would be "clear and obvious".

The Joelinton issue is business as usual, feel like there's something like that almost every week. A red wouldn't have been an excessive punishment though.

• Like 1

That Wolves/Chelsea game will be giving the xG nerds palpitations

Also Madueke scoring a hattrick after calling Wolverhampton a shit hole then doing a half arsed apology. Beautiful shithousery

On 09/08/2024 at 17:44, Colly said:

Sure am looking forward to the season starting next week with a portacabin blocking a big chunk of my stand. I want this to be some kind of hilarious beef.

The portacabin has gone!

Spoiler

Now there's a fence! This is my turnstile, and several wheelchair users exit through there. Whoever this landowner is they're a proper dick. Council must surely be able to do something.

Everton are a social experiment as to how much shite and suffering it can put its fans through

• Haha 1

Bad: Bournemouth's all-timer late comeback

Good: Saw two goals go in from the Gladwys St on my likely last trip to Goodison and bought my soon-to-be-born son his first football kit

Everton, that :(Y):

• Like 4

Haaland scoring his 3rd hat trick in 5 games seems absolutely ridiculous. 7 goals already in the Prem. Feel like a few more records are gonna fall this season if he carries on...

There will be people who refused to put him in their FPL team and remain steadfast on not doing so, and I would just like to salute those people for their bravery,

• Like 1