Premier League 2024/25

To be honest I only recently discovered Chris Sutton took over the predictions thing from Lawro, and I suspect that may have happened years ago.

I gather Lawro spends most of his time now whinging that he was replaced due to diversity, and not because him being useless and miserable on tv for the best part of 3 decades wasn't actually a good use of license payer money.

• Like 1

Garth Crooks will always be remembered for his mad formations of shunting a striker at left wing back. And that one video with Richard Littlejohn. 

One year into his current contract, Cole Palmer has signed a two-year extension. When does it now expire, you ask?

N I N E    Y E A R S

Just...why?

6 hours ago, Gazz said:

You should have realised Lawro was gone when Liverpool's predicted season record wasn't 37-1-0 anymore.

That would rely on me reading them.

• Haha 1

Everton were shit obviously, but the fact we had a penalty overturned by VAR when the actual referee couldn't see replays due to his screen not working, so just took the VAR at their word, is genuinely hilarious.

One day after Howard Webb said they were putting more emphasis on the "referee's call". Good one.

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

I've not seen the red again, but putting that completely aside that was one of the poorest refereeing performances in recent memory. Fucking abysmal.

Brereton can get in the bin, the fake South American fuck.

Seen it now, can only assume VAR didn't look at this angle. Stupid from Schar, but we should definitely appeal it given it's clearly both players going in, neither really butting.

22 hours ago, Colly said:

I hadn't even picked up on Enzo getting the Chelsea captaincy. Strong "Liverpool wearing t shirts with Luis Suarez's name and picture on" energy.

In fairness, if they've kept to the same order of captains used last season, he was 4th and all those above him are either unavailable (James) or have been forced out (Chilwell, Gallagher).

Fuck knows who out of the entire squad they ought to pick though. Barely a leader among them.