Premier League 2024/25

Yeah for all the good that Villa are doing on the pitch, the commercial side of the club is rotten to the core. They brought in a guy that used to work for the 76ers and immediately the supporters groups were shut out, parts of the stadium have been blocked off for new premium/corporate customers (while the concourses deteriorate), and costs have risen. 

It’s genuinely cheaper to buy a UCL ticket at Anfield, and train costs (which themselves are fucked in this country) from Birmingham to Liverpool, than just a ticket at Villa Park. Where’s the incentive to support your local team if it gets made so inaccessible?

It’s weird because like, it’s the most successful time I remember, but also the least connected I’ve felt to the club (except the season John Terry was brought in). 

• Like 4

It's across the board a disconnect I feel from a commercial aspect across many clubs. 

Liverpool opened up a new hospitality lounge and part of what you got was a badge with the two torches and 97 in the middle as some sort of marketing ploy.  Rightfully there was an uproar and they've stopped but someone's came up with that idea, people haven't challenge it and someone's signed it off

• Like 3

A lot of the commercialization of clubs is to do with how sports fans in non-traditional football markets (US, Canada, Asia) are used to supporting their favorite sports teams. I have so many little tchotchkes of my favorite teams. It's pretty soulless but it's also something I'm extremely accustomed to and find a bit weird when I browse Newcastle's team store that there is a relative lack of.

On 02/09/2024 at 15:37, Baddar said:

completely unrelated but did not expect that that video would be set to Forever Young by Bob Dylan

Not wishing to sound salty or bitter but what is going on with Leicester's PSR charge? Last season the EFL try to charge them only to be told "Yeah but that stuff happened in the premier league so it doesn't count when we're in the championship." Now they get back to the premiership and the prem try to charge them it seems like they've basically said "That charge was in the EFL so it doesn't count."

Clearly the act of getting relegated and coming straight back up is like international waters. Might be something for Chelsea or City to consider if the worst were to happen.

19 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Not wishing to sound salty or bitter but what is going on with Leicester's PSR charge? Last season the EFL try to charge them only to be told "Yeah but that stuff happened in the premier league so it doesn't count when we're in the championship." Now they get back to the premiership and the prem try to charge them it seems like they've basically said "That charge was in the EFL so it doesn't count."

Clearly the act of getting relegated and coming straight back up is like international waters. Might be something for Chelsea or City to consider if the worst were to happen.

I think the really simple explanation as to the lawyers argument for Leicester is they argued their account period was end of June and that at the end of June they weren't bound by Premier League rules as they weren't a Premier League team. 

I think a load of teams will be able to find loopholes if they're clever enough. The Prem have come unstuck by their own wording of the rules

Slow start for United but after the penalty save we looked comfortable. Good win in the end and still loads of improvements needed but this is the kind of performance you can build on.

Edited by Starvinho