Euro 2024 Prediction Competition

Screenshot-20240707-111834-Microsoft-365

Semi finals update. Not a lot of movement (some impressive semi calls, the other one I'm in has very few predicting 3 of the 4 but there's loads here) not helped by underperforming goalscorer picks.

Permutations for the winner (I think...)

Roff: France and Kane, so still points to be had

Benjamin: Germany (out) and Mbappe, lots of goals needed and France not to win the tournament.

Malenko: Ronaldo (out), but the only Netherlands pick so they could seal a win

Metalman: France and Mbappe, so a France win and Mbappe to outscore Kane by a few

I think everyone else is just out of contention now (Adam's England pick still can't take him above Roff as both have Kane, and there's lots of France/Mbappe's). Next update will be final day unless anything interesting happens goalscorer wise through the week.

• Like 2

In another game I'm playing with friends (similar game, different scoring system, guessing scores etc with bonus for goal scorer) I picked Gakpo as the goal scorer.

Here I just didn't want to do it because since I picked the Netherlands to win it all, going all in with them and then seeing them fail would mean no bonus points at all. I regret it right now. :(

I guess what you’re saying here is that nobody except me has finished joint top in the most important category of Perfect Scores and joint second in Results (Win) and I agree that yes, that is extremely impressive.

It's slightly snuck up on me (underperforming strikers and all), but Kane is now joint top scorer in the tournament, making him eligible for a 5 point bonus unless overtaken (Olmo could). Even without that though I think this may be all over as no one from second onwards has anyone left to get points until we hit midtable...

Proper update after the final, bit we may have a winner.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty much no change from the pre semi's update, other than the bonus points for top scorer that extended @ROFF s lead and gave @Adam a small boost of respectability. No one picked Spain meaning it slightly petered out at the end, but a worthy first time winner in Roff. Below are the final table and how it was won (big scores in group stage round 2). As previously there's no prize, but I'll stick something in my near namesake Ollie's Cancer run fund on the predictors behalf...

Screenshot-20240715-103832-Microsoft-365

Screenshot-20240715-103924-Microsoft-365

• Like 4