Summer Transfer Window 2024

I hope Ipswich aren't falling into the trap of only signing players with little to no PL experience when their squad is already made up largely of their League One squad from a year ago.

Obviously football's not that simplistic but you see names like Delap and Philogene and do wonder. Everton seemed to have a deal in place for Philogene as well but perhaps not all there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I hope Ipswich aren't falling into the trap of only signing players with little to no PL experience when their squad is already made up largely of their League One squad from a year ago.

Obviously football's not that simplistic but you see names like Delap and Philogene and do wonder. Everton seemed to have a deal in place for Philogene as well but perhaps not all there.

It does feel a bit like the dreaded "build a good squad for the Championship 25/26 season" approach.

10 minutes ago, Colly said:

Not a fan of him moving closer, but the bonus is they aren't in Europe and there's no danger of me watching Ligue 1.

I don't think there's danger of anyone watching Ligue 1 the way their TV deals are panning out.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Adam said:

According to your pal Fabrizio, Barcelona had legitimate interest in Philogene-Bidace. To be fair to him as well, he’s genuinely really good - could easily have seen him stick around and get decent minutes at Villa in a non PSR era. 

Maybe the feeling of a new start on a permanent transfer will get him going again, but I just don't see it happening. He couldn't even get regular enough minutes for a very average Frankfurt side last half of the season.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

That AI/Photoshop makes van de Beek look like he's in Wallace & Gromit.

He was allowed to move but his teeth are still under contract at Old Trafford