Summer Transfer Window 2024

As an example, Lewis Dobbin has cost Villa £9m and played 15 Premier League games for us.

Last summer we sold Tom Cannon to Leicester for £7.5m and he played 3 PL games for us, all off the bench.

The market is what it is. No way Dobbin is only £2m to anyone.

Dobbin went the Ellis Simms pathway, play a few games, score against Chelsea, leave the club. If this is what it takes to get around the PSR hole we're apparently in, so be it.

It's just refreshing to see smaller clubs (not small, just not the top clubs) skirting the financial rules for a change instead of someone like Manchester City blatantly doing it for years and getting away with it. More power to Villa and Everton.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Think we'll struggle to get much more than that for him. We paid 20m for him, he hasn't really kicked on, proven himself to be fairly injury-prone and is in the last year of his contract. If we can get much more than 10m for him, I'll be surprised - and would rather sell him to get out of the PSR hole than say Onana or Branthwaite.

Chelsea can't possibly want to sign him - he's 25 for goodness sake! He's practically ancient!

(He's also apparently in Brighton to do a medical with them as well)

On 26/06/2024 at 22:08, Lineker said:

I know he's made of glass, but I really don't think we should be offering Lo Celso to Villa. Also if we're gonna sign a homegrown player for inflated value, sort of holding out for Eze to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I know he's made of glass, but I really don't think we should be offering Lo Celso to Villa. Also if we're gonna sign a homegrown player for inflated value, sort of holding out for Eze to be honest. 

With how likely it is that Olise is leaving this summer, think you would have to overpay big time to get Eze. Palace would be idiots to sell them both this summer.

2 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Is there some kind of rule that white kids born in England in the last 25 years have to have silly names

I don't see what's so silly about it, I'll have you know that Dewsbury Hall is West Yorkshire's premiere wedding venue.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Szumi said:

With how likely it is that Olise is leaving this summer, think you would have to overpay big time to get Eze. Palace would be idiots to sell them both this summer.

The reporting I've seen is that he's available for around £60 million. We've been quite heavily linked. 

Doesn't Eze have a release clause or is that Olise? Feel like it was one of them that had it. 

Apparently we've turned down the chance to sign Gordon from Newcastle cause they want Quansah as part of any deal.

14 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Is there some kind of rule that white kids born in England in the last 25 years have to have silly names

it was only in reading this post and going back and looking at the guy's name that I realized it's Keirnan Dewsbury-Hall. I always thought it was Keiran/Ciarán.

Then I looked him up on wiki and found his full name is Kiernan Frank Dewsbury-Hall.

I think, therefore, we should just call him Frank Dewsbury. A perfect name for a man born in Nottingham to have.

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Doesn't Eze have a release clause or is that Olise? Feel like it was one of them that had it. 

Eze supposedly has a release clause at around the £60m mark.

18 minutes ago, Hobo said:

it was only in reading this post and going back and looking at the guy's name that I realized it's Keirnan Dewsbury-Hall. I always thought it was Keiran/Ciarán.

Then I looked him up on wiki and found his full name is Kiernan Frank Dewsbury-Hall.

I think, therefore, we should just call him Frank Dewsbury. A perfect name for a man born in Nottingham to have.

Dewsbury-Hall is the most National Trust building name I've ever heard of