Summer Transfer Window 2024

Everton after Armando Broja, supposedly.

Never saw much sign of whatever his qualities are at Chelsea, but Southampton seemed to like him in his 21/22 loan. So in other words, please buy him. Please. :shifty:

Apparently Chelsea are now also buying Jhon Duran for something like £40m.

Doesn't seem like a buy that's going to really challenge Nico Jackson's spot, sadly.

Aston Villa are having a weird summer if currently rumoured deals happen. Douglas Luiz to Juventus in a swap deal for Weston McKennie. Matty Cash to Milan for Fikayo Tomori. Jhon Duran to Chelsea for 40 million but also maybe not 40 million but instead less money and a player/players.

34 minutes ago, Baddar said:

To be expected. Just hope we don't end up dragging it all out to end up paying the full 70m they're asking.

£35m for arguably our outfield player of the season, who is young and nowhere near the end of his contract. Delusional offer, even if we need the money there's no chance he's going for anything less than £50m at an absolute dirt minimum.

Wouldn't surprise me if Everton play hardball right up until the point when Chelsea pop up and say "hey MU, you can have Chalobah for £25m", and they'll be frustrated enough to take it. Everybody loses (except Everton, perhaps).

35m? Completely embarrassing and disrespectful bid to be honest.

I remember the summer before they signed Sancho, United did this. Kept offering Dortmund less than the asking price just expecting them to acquiesce until eventually he stayed at Dortmund another year. Great way to do business.

Fully expecting a bunch of negative tweets by Fab Romano about Wolves now after they beat Chelsea to this signing. And of course a ridiculous amount of updates about Chelsea youth players. That man has made so much money from Chelsea since the takeover with all his sponsored content.

I'm just glad anyone (in this case Wolves) held off Clearlake's insatiable appetite for 17 year old Brazilians, because they clearly believe such players to be the meta for whatever investment game they're playing.

• Haha 2

A surprise but a good one. I made peace with Clearlake's intention to sell him ages ago (no matter how stupid it looked loaning out a guy who Poch didn't rate only for him to go to the Champions League Final).

Glad that Chelsea got the fee they wanted, at least. And the weird soft spot I developed for Villa back in FM 2008 persists so happy to see him move there.

• Like 1