Summer Transfer Window 2024

Spurs are set to land Johnny Cardoso and send Lo Celso to Betis. He's a USMMT who plays as a 6, spent his whole career in Brazil until moving to Betis in January. Frustrating as a USMMT fans because it is yet another USMMT player choosing money over playing time. He's not getting regular minutes at Spurs.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Spurs are set to land Johnny Cardoso and send Lo Celso to Betis. He's a USMMT who plays as a 6, spent his whole career in Brazil until moving to Betis in January. Frustrating as a USMMT fans because it is yet another USMMT player choosing money over playing time. He's not getting regular minutes at Spurs.

As far as I can tell, we aren't signing him; we've just secured a first option on him should Betis sell in the future.

1 hour ago, FLiam said:

Why tho.

I can sort of see why, from a pure numbers perspective they'd want one more name in the attacking squad - but only if we taken as read that they've already deemed Sterling unwanted, and then the handful who have never really been close to the first team anyway (e.g. DD Fofana, Washington, Broja, etc.) remain out of the picture in one form or another. The fact that some of those players are still here (or are still in the midst of having a loan/sale sorted at this eleventh hour) is, of course, a degree of incompetence on Chelsea's part.

To fill the front four positions (generally left wing, right wing, #10 and striker), you would typically want eight names. For Chelsea, if we look only at players that they seem to have interest in using, those would be:

1. Palmer
2. Madueke
3. Nkunku
4. Felix
5. Neto
6. Mudryk
7. Jackson
8. Guiu

Guiu is the slightly odd one, as I'm not really sure at age 18 if he's seriously intended to be in the first-team or is just hanging around at the moment and will disappear to the U21s if an alternative striker or winger arrives (or lurk as that kind of backup-backup 3rd striker who only gets 60 minutes in lower-league cup games).

So in a sense I can see why they'd want one more name. WITH THAT SAID~

a) the fact that Sancho has a dodgy attitude and has struggled to impress is more why I would ask "Why tho", and

b) they're going to look really fucking stupid when Sterling etc. don't all find exits in the next few hours.

Hopefully we actually get Ugarte in and Sancho and McTominay leave today. I love me some McTominay (mainly due to using him in FM as a CM-At so he becomes a goal machine :shifty:). From all the reports I've read McTominay going to Napoli is giving us the financial freedom to actually sign Ugarte permanently instead of a loan deal with option to buy. Personally I would've liked to have seen the back of Casemiro as well as he's getting on and I think we should be going younger not older, but I don't think anything is happening on that front.

48 minutes ago, Colly said:

If he's gettable they'll sign him regardless of Almiron. Plus presumably the Saudi and MLS windows are still open anyway?

MLS window closed last week. Only free agents/transfers now. Our summer transfer windows are RIDICULOUSLY stupid. Actually, all MLS windows are stupid. Charlotte tried to bring him in on the MLS deadline but couldn't get Newcastle to accept their bid IIRC.

7 minutes ago, Szumi said:

MLS window closed last week. Only free agents/transfers now. Our summer transfer windows are RIDICULOUSLY stupid. Actually, all MLS windows are stupid. Charlotte tried to bring him in on the MLS deadline but couldn't get Newcastle to accept their bid IIRC.

Yes I thought that was a real indictment of the MLS window. Why would Newcastle sell without lining up a replacement? And everyone knows the way the window works that most deals happen at the very end. So MLS window was going to close before Newcastle really would have good options available to them for a replacement.

Kaide Gordon to Norwich 

Ben Doak to Middlesbrough

Nat Phillips to Derby

All meant to be going through as loan deals. Think Ben Doak could have a really good season in the Championship if he can stay injury free

So Chelsea take Chalobah, who has outperformed Disasi AND Badiashile in recent times, and say "we must sell him, it's pure PSR profit!"

...Then only manage a loan with no obligation to buy, helping PSR not a jot.

Fucking hell.

• Haha 2