Summer Transfer Window 2024

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

To make things even better, we've "accidentally" let Robert Jenrick film a campaign ad in the ground with noted old racist Sir John Hall.

Who is actually running the club now? Feels like the ownership got disinterested after the new rules basically were made to prevent Newcastle from spending money.

To be fair, they did turn Dan James into Harry Potter after giving him a massive facial scar in the playoff final so this would make sense.

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Sels made far fewer massive errors than Turner and Vlachodimos did. I'd be much more confident with him in goal than either of those two.

I mean he didn't, but you're entitled to think that! Sels led the league in not stopping save able shots. I very much would count those as errors. Sels was letting in an extra half a goal every 90 minutes. Turner's xG-GA per 90 was terrible and nowhere near Premier League standards, but was averaging a -0.35. Sels led the league by a long shot for being the worst keeper.

I'm really shocked West Ham shipped off JWP to Forest. Lopetegui clearly doesn't favor him, but I thought he was probably their best midfielder last year. That's a huge coup for Forest.

Chelsea selling Washington to Strasbourg I'm assuming before the new rules go into place about not selling to sister clubs, or was that taking place with immediate effect?

If we do not sign an attacking player today, I will be a little concerned. 

At the moment we're left with Havertz and Jesus as our primary striker options and Jesus has become a tad injury prone. Trossard can play as a false nine though, but he is one of four options out wide including Martinelli, Saka and........ Reiss Nelson.

It's a huge gamble if we don't sign anyone - especially with the extra two European games this season.

We've lost Smith Rowe, Vieira and soon to be Nketiah and only brought in Merino. We're definitely light in the forward positions and only an injury away from a bit of a crisis. 

Aaaaaaaaaand Arteta just confimed Mikel Merino will be out "for weeks". Gulp.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Yeah, it's been absolutely shit so far. We seem to have one target at a time, and if that deal doesn't happen, there's no Plan B.

'No Plan B' pretty much sums us up on and off the pitch.

See we operate similarly but I think it only works if you've got sufficient depth or you're happy with it which we had a team that finished 3rd so we can in theory develop the same team further. 

I'm sure in Newcastle's sense that there could be other quality options other than Guehi at centre back for example. Not sure if Tosin going to Chelsea threw a spanner in the works in that sense as well but it has seemed to be the big issue last season was the drop off from the starting XI and that's just not been rectified

15 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Mason Holgate was in talks to sign for Lyon but it fell through. He’s now in talks with Sheffield Wednesday.

What luck.

He was practically useless for us (Sheff U) last season, I actually think Wednesday could do better >_>

30 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Why tho.

Chelsea need a 27th player who can play on the wing.