Summer Transfer Window 2024

11 hours ago, Szumi said:

I honestly cannot believe Chelsea got Napoli to pay so much money for a player Chelsea haven't wanted for years, doesn't want to be there, is on ridiculous wages, and is now 31 years old. I would have expected no more than half that. Napoli have just catered to Conte and it's going to immediately go to shit. They also paid €30m for David Neres, who was only above average at best in Portugal. Meanwhile, they've pushed both of their star players to being both miserable and wanting out. What a mess.

Also really perplexed by some of Brighton's transfers this summer. They've spent a stupid amount of money on a forward who's a shit finisher, and now over €30m each on a CM from the Dutch league that could go either way in terms of success/flop, a young and unproven winger, and now a LB when they have Estupian, who had a great first season and had rotten luck last year with impact injuries, which also forces out a very promising LB as well. 

Napoli lost their first game 3-0. Conte meltdown + being desperate to sign a player over 30. I've seen this one before. 

The fee Chelsea are (supposedly) getting for Lukaku is essentially equal to the remainder of his un-amortised 2021 transfer fee (a little under £40m), so that's basically the best outcome I ever would have hoped for.

And I don't care where Lukaku has/hasn't been productive in front of goal during his career. He's a little shit who disrupts the team he's in and gets sulky when he's not being pandered to. He'd barely arrived back at Chelsea in a record transfer deal when he started telling the media "yeah actually I never wanted to be here, I'd prefer to be back at Inter". So Chelsea were like "fuck you then, go on loan to Inter, we'll sort something out". But before a transfer to Inter could be agreed, he pissed the Inter owners (and fans) off by publicly seeking a move to Juventus despite having told Inter they're the only club he wants to be at. So THEN suddenly Inter want nothing to do with him either, so it's taken another couple of years to find a club who'll have him (and I say club, it sounds it's been purely an Antonio Conte push for this move). 

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

The fee Chelsea are (supposedly) getting for Lukaku is essentially equal to the remainder of his un-amortised 2021 transfer fee (a little under £40m), so that's basically the best outcome I ever would have hoped for.

And I don't care where Lukaku has/hasn't been productive in front of goal during his career. He's a little shit

He’s actually very big 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/08/2024 at 09:44, stokeriño said:

And I don't care where Lukaku has/hasn't been productive in front of goal during his career. He's a little shit who disrupts the team he's in and gets sulky when he's not being pandered to. He'd barely arrived back at Chelsea in a record transfer deal when he started telling the media "yeah actually I never wanted to be here, I'd prefer to be back at Inter". So Chelsea were like "fuck you then, go on loan to Inter, we'll sort something out". But before a transfer to Inter could be agreed, he pissed the Inter owners (and fans) off by publicly seeking a move to Juventus despite having told Inter they're the only club he wants to be at. So THEN suddenly Inter want nothing to do with him either, so it's taken another couple of years to find a club who'll have him (and I say club, it sounds it's been purely an Antonio Conte push for this move). 

Good. Fucking. Riddance.

International Break Lukaku at Everton was awful. Whenever he went away with the Belgium squad he was constantly making noise in the media about wanting a move, but fortunately (for us anyway) when he was actually with the squad he put a shift in.

22 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've seen on the BBC that Man United want to sign Raheem Sterling. He must be making it his career mission to get Liverpool fans to hate him as much as possible.

Wouldn't be as bad as Michael Owen signing for Man United

I kinda feel bad for Sterling if he ends up going from one club that's a bit of a weird mess to another that's its own kind of weird mess.

He's a better player than that.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Michael Owen's career mission was to make fans of all clubs (and BT Sport) hate him as much as possible, and he did a tremendous job of it.

and fans of the movies Rocky, Heat, Ghost, Jurassic Park, Cool Runnings, Seabiscuit, Karate Kid  and Forest Gump

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FLiam said:

Why would Jadon Sancho join Chelsea? That doesn’t many any sort of sense, unless Chelsea really are going to sell Madueke? 

Chelsea are buying a second team so the Prem can slot them right in if Everton go bust. Only explanation.

12 hours ago, Hobo said:

Wouldn't be as bad as Michael Owen signing for Man United

I kinda feel bad for Sterling if he ends up going from one club that's a bit of a weird mess to another that's its own kind of weird mess.

He's a better player than that.

And just like Michael Owen, he's a fundamentally broken player who has been overplayed to the point where he's got the same number of Premier League minutes at 29 as the average 35 year old.

For comparison's sake, at Saka's age, Sterling had played 500 minutes more than Saka has, and everyone's pretty much in agreement that Arsenal (and England) are running Saka into the ground.

• Like 1