Summer Transfer Window 2024

Maresca working his way through the FM 'make sure this player accepts the transfer' playbook. Expect a 2 week fine for poor conduct next.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

Mad way to treat one of your own.

The club briefings against Gallagher have been especially clumsy as well. It's all horribly undignified of the club and you know it's going to have longer-term consequences with how other Chelsea players (esp. those who've come through the academy) consider their futures.

You've got to admire the neck on Romano calling it an 'exclusive' when every football 'transfer expert' from Ornstein to Big Dave at the Lamb and Flag has been talking about it for days, if not weeks.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

The club briefings against Gallagher have been especially clumsy as well. It's all horribly undignified of the club and you know it's going to have longer-term consequences with how other Chelsea players (esp. those who've come through the academy) consider their futures.

It's embarrassing how Gallagher and Chalobah have been treated considering how long they've been to the club. They might not be on the level of Lampard and Terry in terms of importance to the team, but they're both still solid options.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

West Ham are signing Fullkrug. 

2019-2023 Werder Bremen             90 (45)
2023-2024 Borussia Dortmund      29 (12)
2024 - 2026 West Ham                   42 (3)
2026 - Werder Bremen                    38 (22)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Perhaps the whole FR account is AI-generated, not just the images...

I do reckon he uses AI to write his tweets too tbh

I do think Chelsea are doing Gallagher a little dirty, but at the same time, when they're offering him one of the biggest wages in the squad and he outright rejects it, the club is going to respond. He's one of their own, but he's kind of showing he doesn't care about being one of their own.

Disappointed to see Summerville end up at West Ham, but they certainly have a lot of potential to maybe end up in a European spot this season.

Shame Summervile couldn't have gone at the end of June and saved us selling Archie.

I don't think the fanbase at large is all that surprised by this, the combination of his performances last year, the fact we didn't go up and the need to balance the books meant it was always going to be on the cards. The fee is more of a sticking point, like I've seen a lot of people point to Lavia last year going for £50m whereas the talk for Summervile seems to be £25m and maybe £10m in add ons. If those hit then I suppose £35m is pretty good for someone who has realistically only had one stand out season, and that's at Championship level, but he's going to have some pretty big shoes to fill given his output last year and its going to cost us a good chunk to replace him.

Given that we're only a week out from the opening day and we've been relatively quiet in the market thus far, there's a lot panic going round so one would hope we make some moves this week to ease those fears a little bit. That said, we can slot Gnonto on the left with James down the right so it's not the worst thing in the world. I think James surprised a lot of people last year and Gnonto did start to turn up in the second half of the season so provided he doesn't jump ship, I think he could fill the gap quite nicely. Plus there's the potential for people like Georgi and Aaronson to fill in where need.

I still don't have a clue what we are planning. Only thing has been the links to Gordon and us rejecting bids for Carvalho, Van Der Berg etc. 

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I still don't have a clue what we are planning. Only thing has been the links to Gordon and us rejecting bids for Carvalho, Van Der Berg etc. 

Carvalho has been really impressive in preseason. I'm curious if he stays with the squad for the first half of the season. His issue is he's been good at LW, where he'll never play between Gakpo and Diaz, plus having Jota & Darwin there as options too.

Fucking lol

In fairness, Gilchrist and DD Fofana are already heading out on loan this season, so scratch two...

But then also apparently buying Omorodion for £35m and god knows what else, so 🤷🏻‍♂️