Summer Transfer Window 2024

• Admin

Aston Villa are in advanced talks to sign midfielder Amadou Onana from Everton for a fee in the region of £50m.

The 22-year-old featured for Belgium at Euro 2024 and would have the opportunity to play Champions League football next season.

Onana joined from Lille for £33m in August 2022 and has gone on to make 72 appearances for the Toffees, scoring four goals.

Arsenal held an initial conversation with Onana's representatives earlier this year but did not follow up on their interest.

It is understood Villa's fee meets Everton's valuation of the midfielder, who also had interest from Manchester United.

Senegal-born Onana has also played for Hamburg, having progressed through the ranks at Hoffenheim after starting in Anderlecht's academy.

Villa have been in the market for a new midfielder after selling Douglas Luiz to Juventus for £42.35m last month.

They are also expected to complete the return of Jaden Philogene in the coming days after the Hull winger flew back from the Tigers' training camp in Turkey on Friday.

The England Under-21 winger is due to sign a five-year contract in a move worth about £18m, returning to Villa Park less than 12 months after being sold to the Tigers.

Villa included a matching option in his move last September and snatched him from Ipswich, who had agreed an £18m deal with Hull.

Onana is a funny one, he doesn't really suit Dyche's system and for all the hype when he signed, we haven't seen much from him. I don't think fans will be sad to see him go especially because of the high fee, means we should be in a position to keep Branthwaite now.

That said, in a side who have more of the ball than not, Onana could be a really good player.

On 15/07/2024 at 23:04, stokeriño said:

Not entirely sure why someone at Milan has set about collecting the 2018-19 Chelsea squad, but it's nice to have a goal I suppose.

Would be great if they took Kepa off us too...

7 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Manchester United have somehow landed Lenny Yoro from Lille. €50m for the highly rated 18 year old CB.

They sent a dumptruck full of money to his house

So that's Kante, Fabinho, Benzema, Diaby and they're going for Ederson and KDB. This is the team that eventually ended up in 5th place in the Saudi Pro League. 

Diaby is only 25, too, he's not like the rest where he's in the twilight of his career. 

5 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

So that's Kante, Fabinho, Benzema, Diaby and they're going for Ederson and KDB. This is the team that eventually ended up in 5th place in the Saudi Pro League. 

Diaby is only 25, too, he's not like the rest where he's in the twilight of his career. 

I mean Ederson is only 30, that's kinda peak for a goalkeeper. I'm surprised he's apparently going. Although it gives me hope that Scott Carson will turn out next season for City :shifty:

Ederson at least has the distinction to have won everything he can at Man City, I guess. According to reports, seems he wants the move. Haven't heard anything about who will replace him, either. Ortega to start?