Tell Me About Your Sports Franchises!

My interest is waning but my 2K save has progressed to 2003-04 (so 20 seasons), and the 2003 draft meant some big names arriving, with LeBron going to... the Nets. And as if by fate, the #2 pick was the Heat, who got Dwayne Wade. Both teams got into the play-offs, although the Nets had to get through via the play in.

The current teams to beat are the Celtics, Hawks, Suns and Clippers. The Timberwolves are #1 seed in the West, but Kevin Garnett can't win a championship by himself. The Rockets looks like they have a very strong team, their regular season only got them a #6 seed but they have Dikembe who is a cheat code in the watched games. The Pacers and Cavaliers are set to meet in the play-offs for the fourth time in five seasons, the teams of course have the history of the Jordan trade to fall back on.

Everything is nicely even with no repeat winners for a while:

1997-98: SuperSonics beat the Cavaliers

1998-99: Cavaliers beat the Clippers

1999-2000: Clippers beat the Cavaliers

2000-01: Pacers beat the Rockets

2001-02: Suns beat the Bucks

2002-03: Celtics beat the Clippers

Here's every team's best three players.:

Spoiler

76ers: Alonzo Mourning (traded from the Raptors this season) (87), Lamar Odom (85), Amar'e Stoudemire (83)

Bucks: Richard Jefferson (84), Jason Terry (84), Michael Redd (83)

Bulls: Kobe Bryant (91), Pau Gasol (87), Stromile Swift (83)

Cavaliers: Shaquille O'Neal (95), Michael Jordan (89, and at 39, about to retire), Al Harrington (81)

Celtics: Chris Webber (94, 3 time and reigning MVP), Glenn Robinson (88), Ben Wallace (85)

Clippers: Jamal Mashburn (90), Tracy McGrady (85), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (85)

Grizzlies: Paul Pierce (91), Eddy Curry (83), Chris Bosh (82)

Hawks: Gilbert Arenas (89), Ron Artest (87), Jermaine O'Neal (85)

Heat: Joe Johnson (88), Steve Francis (86), Dwayne Wade (82)

Hornets: Manu Ginobli (87), Dirk Nowitzki (84), Mehmet Okur (79)

Jazz: Yao Ming (85), Matt Harpring (80), Shawn Marion (80)

Kings: Tony Parker (87), Corey Maggette (85), Zach Randolph (82)

Knicks: David Robinson (87 - also about to retire), Baron Davis (85), Vince Carter (85)

Lakers: Shane Battier (84), Jamal Crawford (82), Joe Smith (80)

Magic: Chauncey Billups (93), Grant Hill (91), Shareef Abdur-Rahim (87)

Mavericks: Ray Allen (86), Carmelo Anthony (83), Morris Peterson (82)

Nets: Kenyon Martin (91), LeBron James (86), Caron Butler (83)

Nuggets: Stephen Jackson (83), Kenny Anderson (83), Elton Brand (82)

Pacers: Tim Duncan (93), Mo Camby (86), Antonio Davis (84)

Pistons: Jerry Stackhouse (89), Antoine Walker (86), Arvydas Sabonis (84)

Raptors: Mike Bibby (86), Nene (80), Andres Nocioni (79)

Rockets: Dikembe Mutombo (91), Stephon Marbury (90), Gary Payton (89) - and Scottie Pippen (87), Juwan Howard (82) and Brad Daughterty (80) for good measure.

Spurs: Penny Hardaway (85), Rashard Lewis (84), Jason Richardson (81)

Suns: Vin Baker (88), Toni Kukoc (86), Steve Nash (85)

SuperSonics: Jalen Rose (89), Peja Stojakovic (87), Nick Van Exel (85)

Timberwolves: Kevin Garnett (93), Sharone Wright (82), Earl Jones (81) - not sure how this got them to #1 seed in the West...

Trail Blazers: Hakeem Olajuwon (88 - another soon to retire), Hedo Turkoglu(86), Tyson Chandler (83)

Warriors: Jason Kidd (92), Andrei Kirilenko (85), Brendan Haywood (81)

Wizards John Stockton (85), Allen Iverson (84), Reggie Miller (83) - also Andre Miller (82) and Brad Mller (81), unintentional, but still amusing.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2024 at 05:45, Pooker said:

I love the thought of Stockton, Hornacek, and Bailey winning a title together. Did Stockton make the hall of fame in your game? It's about 50/50 for me if he does. I've seen him have a great career, win a title,  be the all time leader in assists, and fail to make the Hall.

If you ever do decide to go farther into the future, the draft classes for the next couple of years feature some real players.

He did not. I'm sure they use a formula and he didn't get enough points on that formula, but it's weird. I was checking my historic rosters and some of them are in the HoF and didn't have a better career than his.

10 hours ago, Malenko said:

He did not. I'm sure they use a formula and he didn't get enough points on that formula, but it's weird. I was checking my historic rosters and some of them are in the HoF and didn't have a better career than his.

Yeah, there must be some fluctuation and chance to it, Hakeem didn't make it in my big watcher game but others did that I didn't think were necessarily better. He did have a lack of awards and playoff success I guess would be the issue for him specifically 

Elsewhere I tried the Bobcat challenge, trying to win a title as the Bobcats before they are renamed the Hornets. Fell short of the goal, best player was Chris Paul who ended up hurting his knee part way through. Never even made a finals :(

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Jays 2024 Franchise.

Ended up with the best record in the AL, winning 99 games. The Orioles beat the Yankees to face us in the ALDS. We swept them in three games thanks mostly to great performances from Gausman, Berrios and Manoah. Jared Walsh, who came in as a late season Votto replacement, performed well, hitting 3 homers in 3 games. Varsho and Biggio were the only players who really struggled. We'll now face Cleveland in the ALCS.

We ended up cutting Votto as he regressed a fair bit and was on a cold streak in late August. Turner became more of a bench option with Biggio and Leo Jimenez platooning. This is likely our biggest need for an upgrade at the end of the season.

We snagged Chas McCormick from a struggling Astros team for a couple of prospects, shifting Varsho to center and Kiermaier to the bench and late inning defensive replacement. Might look to move Springer to a DH/occasional RF spot next year and replace with someone else. 

Davis Schneider struggled early on, got sent down and then brought back up and had a pretty great second half. Had 20 homers despite being in the minors for a month and a half. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Blue Jays 2024 Franchise.

Ended up with the best record in the AL, winning 99 games. The Orioles beat the Yankees to face us in the ALDS. We swept them in three games thanks mostly to great performances from Gausman, Berrios and Manoah. Jared Walsh, who came in as a late season Votto replacement, performed well, hitting 3 homers in 3 games. Varsho and Biggio were the only players who really struggled. We'll now face Cleveland in the ALCS.

We ended up cutting Votto as he regressed a fair bit and was on a cold streak in late August. Turner became more of a bench option with Biggio and Leo Jimenez platooning. This is likely our biggest need for an upgrade at the end of the season.

We snagged Chas McCormick from a struggling Astros team for a couple of prospects, shifting Varsho to center and Kiermaier to the bench and late inning defensive replacement. Might look to move Springer to a DH/occasional RF spot next year and replace with someone else. 

Davis Schneider struggled early on, got sent down and then brought back up and had a pretty great second half. Had 20 homers despite being in the minors for a month and a half. 

What are your plans for Vladdy and Bo?

• 3 weeks later...

So i found out 2K24 is on gamepass so I downloaded it. I just started a Pistons franchise. I simmed through the 2023 season, got the #1 pick and still took Ronald Holland. I managed to get the entire Pistons current roster barring g-league types and got a lucky trade offer for Paul Reed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just reached the All Star game break in my 2024 Baltimore Orioles franchise.

I currently sit at second in the AL East with a 58-39 record. Rays are first at 60-36.

Anthony Santander leads me with 25 home runs.

Gunnar Henderson has 23 along with 120 hits and 68 runs.

Adley Rutschman has 13 HRs.

I lost Cedric Mullins for 3 months due to damaged knee cartilage buy Colton Cowser has been great filling in for him. He's batting .337 for the season and is currently on a ten game hitting streak. Mullins will be back in 18 days and I'm not sure what I want to do with them. Mullins has a great lead off bat, but Austin Hays in left field is second in the league with a .362 average. Ryan Mountcastle, my first baseman is first with .364. I was thinking of making one my DH, but Ryan O'Hearn just had a 25 game hitting streak snapped and I don't want to bench him. Might make Cowser my third baseman as my rotation of Nick Maton and Coby Mayo over on 3rd is not working very well.

Pitching wise, Corbin Burns has the most wins with 10 and is tied for the league lead in strikeouts with 133. Kyle Bradish has 9 wins and 115 SOs.

I have made three trades so far. I traded Jorge Mateo and Yennier Cato for Garrett Crochet. I was hoping Crochet could be my third starter, but his stamina isn't good enough, so he's staying in the bullpen.

Next trade was Kolten Wong and Ramon Uries for Jordan Hicks. Hicks has been a great pickup for the bullpen and hopefully can move in as a starter next year.

The same day, I traded Dean Kremer for Noble Meyer and George Soriano, both to bolster up my minor league team.

I did have Jackson Holiday called up for 18 games, but sent him back to to AAA for more seasoning. If, for some reason, Cowser doesn't work at 3rd, I could always move Westburg over there and call back up Jackson.

Forgot to mention earlier that Cowser did get rookie of the month in June, while O'Hearn was player of the month in June.

My closer, Felix Bautista made the all star team. Really surprised Burns or Bradish didn't make it.

Gunnar Henderson, Rutschman, and Santander are all in the starting line up, with Henderson being the lead vote getter. Ryan O'Hearn also made the team.

For the second half of the season, I hope to catch the Rays for first place. I have a massive three game series against them coming up soon. And, hopefully will make a big push to bring the World Series back to Baltimore. 

• Like 1