EA Sports NCAA Football

Szumi

Running a dynasty with Texas State. Stacked up non-conference with winnable games. Ran the gauntlet 13-0, locked up the Sun Belt and entered the CFP as the 12th seed. Ended up against Ohio State who were ranked 1st but didn't get a bye, lost by two.

Played each game, started second season today and I think there must have been a day 1 patch because my run game has been nerfed. That or my line is even weaker than I thought.

• Sad 1

Yeah the sim engine has some problems.  A lot of speculation that the Big Ten being stacked with ranked teams and not having divisions is kind of a rising tide lifts all boats situation and every teams losses count less because they come against other highly ranked teams.

The gameplay is a lot of fun, which is what really counts, but it does need some patching for persistent issues across all modes.

I've run a lot of drills and it feels like Madden to me? Can anyone briefly provide differences and what I should be attempting?

On 19/07/2024 at 22:31, LL! said:

I've run a lot of drills and it feels like Madden to me? Can anyone briefly provide differences and what I should be attempting?

Running the option and actually having it work and be viable, that's a big one.   I don't think it will ever not feel like Madden, but there's a lot of playbooks that you just don't see in Madden, Wake Forest for instance, and you should see more of a talent gap between the high rated and low rated players than you do in Madden.  The easiest way to see that is probably playing as South Carolina and sending Nyck Harbor on fade routes vs any small school.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Running the option and actually having it work and be viable, that's a big one.   I don't think it will ever not feel like Madden, but there's a lot of playbooks that you just don't see in Madden, Wake Forest for instance, and you should see more of a talent gap between the high rated and low rated players than you do in Madden.  The easiest way to see that is probably playing as South Carolina and sending Nyck Harbor on fade routes vs any small school.

After spending the last couple of days playing it I can see exactly what you mean. I do feel like the game flows a bit more natural and better. Running feels more natural and like you could actually trick the AI defenders without even the need for jukes. 

55 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I think that's for online dynasty. If you're doing your dynasty offline, I believe you can turn auto-save off. 

I chose an offline one and cannot find the option to turn off auto-save.  A quick glimpse at Reddit would suggest I'm not alone there.

Oh well, gonna take ages to make UConn reputable anyway :lol:

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

I chose an offline one and cannot find the option to turn off auto-save.  A quick glimpse at Reddit would suggest I'm not alone there.

Oh well, gonna take ages to make UConn reputable anyway :lol:

You have to create your own savepoint.  It will continue to create and update an autosave, but you'll now also have your manual save point.

Did you put UConn in a conference?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Did you put UConn in a conference?

I ended up going outside the box and restructured the entire country by geography.  Literally took a map someone made that showed all 134 FBS schools as dots on a map and I drew out 10 new conferences.  Every conference has between 12-15 members and there are no independents.  For example the PAC-12 ended up being the 7 California teams in one division with the 2 Washington teams, 2 Oregon teams, Boise State, and Hawaii in the other.  Then you have Mountain West with the 3 Utah teams, 2 Nevada teams, and 2 Arizona teams in one division with the 2 New Mexico teams, 3 Colorado teams, and Wyoming in the other.  And I just continued on from there.

Texas had 13 schools on its own which gave me an imagined backstory where Texas signs some exclusivity deal to form their own conference and with pandora's box opened, the other conferences re-organize and try to lock down deals with states.  As it turns out, every state is contained to one conference with no spillover.  Even the divisions are mostly aligned by state geography with a couple of exceptions where I had to split them (ie 8 schools in one state in a 13-team conference)

Main reason I did this was wanting to see how recruiting develops over time - in theory the local pipelines might explode with schools trying hard to recruit the local kids and now all of the state schools have become hated rivals.

Under this alignment UConn ended up in the American conference which is probably where I would've put them in a normal league anyway, except I'm now in a conference which includes Penn State, Pitt, Maryland, and Boston College.  So I'm gonna be in for an uphill climb.

• Like 1

So I ordered this. As an Aussie I don't know much about college football apart from when it is discussed on the Pat McAfee show and the few games we get here.

Who is a good middle of the road team to play as? I'd like someone who's not going to dominate straight away, but also not going to absolutely suck and can potentially still get some good recruits. Bonus points if they have a cool mascot.

On 24/07/2024 at 01:43, Twist said:

RTG as a QB is broken. You get zero time in the pocket every single snap. Hopefully they patch it soon.

This is good to know. I just thought I was terrible :lol: 

Also I was wondering if I'm being too much of a perfectionist but why does Coach Trust go down by 10 even though it seems pretty clear the WR dropped my pass?

Very helpful tutorial for recruiting at a low-level school, albeit he's using USF and his default go-to is to heavily work the prospects in your own state, for which Florida has a lot of good prospects and there's a decent amount that value staying close to home.

Doing this as UConn, there are only three prospects in the state with a 4-star rating and two of them already had narrowed down their top 8 so I couldn't go after them.  Haven't yet signed the other one but putting a full-court press on him from the jump immediately got me neck and neck with UMass.

With where I'm at I'll be lucky to mostly land 3-stars and if I have to add some 2-star fodder for depth I can.  My team's not good but I do have some decent underclassmen I can keep for next year so if I can stay around .500 my roster will probably be in a similar spot next year even if I blow it with this recruiting class.

It does seem the coordinator pipelines have a slight glitch where some guys who value "close to home" will still think they're close to home based on the pipeline even though they live nowhere close.  But it doesn't apply to all of them as far as I can see.  There was a 5-star prospect from Florida who valued close to home and it gave me a B+ rating for it.  The top schools are after him but nobody's all that high in progress and putting the press on him got me into his top 8.  Let's see if I can convince him to make a poor life decision.