EA Sports NCAA Football

Szumi

7 hours ago, Twist said:

Someone who knows more about college football than me please give me a good school to do dynasty with.

Preferably someone that isn't utter dogshit but isn't one of say the top 50 schools. I'm drawn towards the Temple Owls at the moment for no real reason so interested towards others thoughts.

Saw this on Reddit, Basically does a random pick but broken down into scenarios (With a custom build option) - https://dynastydraw.com/ 

Otherwise maybe just pick a team from 51-100 in the CBS rankings? https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/rankings/cbs-sports-rankings/

Only comment I can make about Temple is I always replaced them with my create a school in '06, But they're in a decent recruiting hotbed so you'd have that working for you.

Yeah, it really depends on what you are looking for. That Dynasty-Draw website is a good start. If you want to take a program back to it's former glory, or take a small school and turn them into a power. 

Florida, California, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, and Pennsylvania are generally considered the very best states for recruiting talent (though the Maryland-Virginia-DC area is gaining ground quickly), so schools like USF (in Tampa, Florida), California (in Berkley, California), SMU (in Dallas, Texas), Miami of Ohio (in, well, Miami, Ohio), Georgia Tech (in Atlanta, Georgia) and Pitt (in Pittsburgh, PA) are all decent starting points. Cal, Georgia Tech, and Pitt have all been five-star programs in the past, are all in the ACC which is a Top-5 conference, and could be fun turning them back into a consistent Top-25 program.

Alternatively, USF, SMU, and Miami of Ohio are all in smaller conferences, but within incredibly fertile recruiting grounds. These three schools could see you dominate the lower conferences if you play your recruiting cards right. A lot like Boise State and their dominance in the early 2000's. A "mid-major" that dominates the other "mid-majors" and occasionally has the talent to knock off the blue-bloods of the sport.

Only a week and a day (I think?!) for those of us with early access!

• Like 1

I think doing a military academy would be a blast if the recruits had a GPA. Give yourself a house rule that you can't recruit anyone with lower than a 3.2 GPA-type deal. I'm trying to remember the last NCAA game that did that. My buddies and I would take Stanford, and Duke, and Northwestern and essentially give ourselves GPA handicaps. And no JUCO kids, of course. :D 

• Like 3

I tried to build Army back up when they were consistently one of the worst programs in the country.  It was uhh, not easy.

But yes the recruiting for the military schools is always kinda funny.  Aside from the fact that you’re sometimes going after kids who would likely be too big to join in real life, you’re not sure how they are as a student etc…the recruiting option pitches were the same as any other school so I’d laugh imagining my coach just kinda casually glossing over the whole mandatory service thing. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, it really depends on what you are looking for. That Dynasty-Draw website is a good start. If you want to take a program back to it's former glory, or take a small school and turn them into a power. 

Florida, California, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, and Pennsylvania are generally considered the very best states for recruiting talent (though the Maryland-Virginia-DC area is gaining ground quickly), so schools like USF (in Tampa, Florida), California (in Berkley, California), SMU (in Dallas, Texas), Miami of Ohio (in, well, Miami, Ohio), Georgia Tech (in Atlanta, Georgia) and Pitt (in Pittsburgh, PA) are all decent starting points. Cal, Georgia Tech, and Pitt have all been five-star programs in the past, are all in the ACC which is a Top-5 conference, and could be fun turning them back into a consistent Top-25 program.

Alternatively, USF, SMU, and Miami of Ohio are all in smaller conferences, but within incredibly fertile recruiting grounds. These three schools could see you dominate the lower conferences if you play your recruiting cards right. A lot like Boise State and their dominance in the early 2000's. A "mid-major" that dominates the other "mid-majors" and occasionally has the talent to knock off the blue-bloods of the sport.

Shots fired at the ACC!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Man, i need a next generation console. Still on X-Box One and PS4. 

I'd like to give Air Force a whirl, maybe bring them to the 20th century with the forward pass.

I know the feelings. Got an Xbox One that hasn't been on in months and a Switch. I wish even a watered down version was at least on the Switch but oh well.

• Like 2

On 06/07/2024 at 22:39, Meacon Keaton said:

Does this apply to schools in states near these regions? For example, if I wanted to use Central or Western Michigan, is it possible to take advantage of being near Ohio?

5 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Does this apply to schools in states near these regions? For example, if I wanted to use Central or Western Michigan, is it possible to take advantage of being near Ohio?

NCAA 14 had 'proximity to home' as something recruits would look for in differing amounts, and it didn't look at state but rather the actual distance between their home and the campus. I would be surprised if 25 did not include this.

• Like 2

I could still have fun with this if I'm not huge into the real College Football right? Like I like the idea of taking a smaller school and building them into something huge and recruiting adds an interesting aspect to it. Plus you only ever have someone for 4 years at the very most and most likely less if they are really good. The off the field strategy adds an intriguing touch for me that is missing in Madden. But like yeah I couldn't tell you what team is in what conference or anything like that.

Do people still hate Alabama? I know that was a thing :P 

• Like 3

Plus, from the sounds of things, you'll be able to hire offensive and defensive coordinators who have pipelines in certain areas. So if you're in Boise, Idaho, you could hire a coordinator with a pipeline in South Florida, or Ohio, or wherever, and they should be able to help pull recruits from that area for you. Obviously, if the recruit wants to stay close to home as one of their priorities, they'll not go to Boise, but if they prefer playing time or something else you can offer them, you have an in with your coordinator.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2024 at 19:58, Your Mom said:

I could still have fun with this if I'm not huge into the real College Football right?

Personally as a European I have never in my life watched a game of College Football, and I absolutely LOVED NCAA14 because of the team building aspects.

As well as the constant roster flux where you get players for limited amounts of seasons and so can never just settle on that perfect monster dynasty for a decade of dominance like you can in Madden.

Personally I would have very strong yet fleeting connections to random players that I recruited, often those lower ranked recruits who turned out to be diamonds in the rough and would turn into team anchors. I once had this fullback who I turned into a running back for short yardage downs, and by his senior season he became the straight up starter and put up a school record TDs as we made our first major bowl game.

• Like 4

Arch Manning decided to stop being a diva and signed on to be in the game.  

Today's deep dive was about Ultimate Team, which they haven't even bothered to release a video on.  Nice to see its being de-emphasized for once.   But you can get cards for the current crop of college players, as well as current NFL players.

2 hours ago, JasonM said:

Personally I would have very strong yet fleeting connections to random players that I recruited, often those lower ranked recruits who turned out to be diamonds in the rough and would turn into team anchors. I once had this fullback who I turned into a running back for short yardage downs, and by his senior season he became the straight up starter and put up a school record TDs as we made our first major bowl game.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! :w00t:

So I'm thinking about doing the bundle that gives you both Football games but it's on the Xbox store twice and I can't seem to tell the difference between either one if there is any. Can someone help me out? I don't want to accidentally buy the wrong thing

They look identical to me. I'm not sure why there are two of them.

As someone who doesn't follow American collegiate sports, I won't be buying this game, but I imagine I will give it a look once it inevitably comes to Game Pass.

It never ceases to amaze me how much of a following university sports get in America. Over here, a university cup final would probably draw a crowd of about twelve people.

• Thanks 1

From looking at it, the only thing that changes is one listing has "One Supported Language" and the other does not.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-college-football/college-football-25/news/college-football-25-road-to-glory

Road to Glory deep dive. So long as it plays somewhat realistic stats and scoring we might be onto something with this.

also they confirmed Teambuilder deep dive will be next (and last)