The Padres and Tigers did the world a favor and eliminated the Braves and Astros. Hopefully the Royals eliminate the Yankees, then go on to lose to whoever wins Tigers-Guardians. We do not need mediocre as fuck pitcher Will Smith extending his streak.

I want Mets-Dodgers for the NLCS, but it'll probably be Mets-Padres.

26 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Lost my fucking voice screaming at home.  Lindor!!!!!!!  Diaz allowing 2 runners on and then getting out of it!!!  My heart!  GRIMACE!!!!!!!!!

Onto the NLCS.  What a ride.

And if they make it to the World Series, I hope they win the whole damn thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I worry for the Mets if the Dodgers get through. McDonald's started in San Bernardino, about 60 miles from Dodger Stadium. The Grimace heel turn is coming. :shifty:

In keeping with tradition Grimace will squeeze the Mets out, make them take a paltry deal to leave the playoffs, and then go around claiming he founded baseball.

• Haha 2

If it's the Dodgers, it's a team they've had intense playoff battles with before and two massive markets.  The team that spent a billion dollars in a single offseason vs. the team run by the richest owner going to the NLCS in what was meant to be a re-tooling season.  The Dodgers also have Yamamoto who was who the Mets tried really hard to get this winter, so that makes for a fun sub-plot.

If it's the Padres, that's the team that ended the Mets' season two years ago, and they have possibly the best back-end of the bullpen in the sport vs. a Mets bullpen running on fumes.

Whoever it is, the Mets won't be favored and that's fine.  The minute they made the playoffs they've been playing with house money and it's made this run so much more enjoyable than doing nothing with a 101-win season in 2022.

The Yankees will almost certainly win the AL.  I know Mets fans would be stressed if they make the WS and end up in another Subway Series but, again, house money.  If this is the year the baseball gods (and Grimace) decided to let the Mets have it all it'll work out.  Just gonna keep enjoying the ride as long as it's running.

• Like 4

Despite the fact that the NLCS is guaranteed to start on the West Coast and will feature a New York team but also very possibly an LA team, Game 2 will be starting at 4:08 PM Eastern, 1:08 PM Pacific on Monday.

Clearly the Yankees are their biggest ratings draw and their schedule reflects a belief that they won't blow this series to the Royals.  But you'd think they'd take the sure thing for Game 2 and then book the Yanks for the primetime for the rest of the way if they make it.

Ah well.  Might be finding reasons to duck out of work early next week.

I lost my mind yesterday watching that Mets game. I almost had a chance to go to the game, but those prices.... oof. 

I have the Tigers/Guardians game on right now. If the Tigers blow it here, that's probably it for them. That momentum shift for the Guardians might be enough for them in Game 5. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I like rooting for the underdog teams but I'm actually hoping it's another Subway Series with the Mets getting the win this time. Anyway the Mets can do it would be great but I feel like that's the ultimate

We used to be tight! GhostMachine and I shan't speak to you until at least November.

• Haha 3

Feels like a full circle matchup.

The last time the Mets faced the Dodgers, the Dodgers sent them to their low mark on the season (11 games under .500).  Jorge Lopez fired his glove into the stands, told reporters after the game he felt like he was on the worst team in MLB, and got DFA’ed.  Lindor called a player’s only meeting.

They had the best record in baseball since that day.