That's been the same Orioles game we've seen for months. These teams that make a ton of hard contact when they go cold they go ice cold, sometimes not entirely their fault and just where the ball winds up landing.

Royals managing 3 runs and advancing is scary because their bullpen has all the hallmarks of the championship winning bullpens of yore.

50 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

That's been the same Orioles game we've seen for months. These teams that make a ton of hard contact when they go cold they go ice cold, sometimes not entirely their fault and just where the ball winds up landing.

Which is exactly why I have no faith in the Yanks even getting through the AL. If Judge or Soto isn't hitting, we don't score. KC would do well to hardly pitch to Judge and only pitch to Soto if no one is on and two outs. 

Really tough loss for the Mets.  Sweeping the Brewers was always gonna be tough as they were playing for their lives but up 3-1 they had so many runners on and so many chances to hit the killshot to break their spirits and they just couldn’t do it.

Let ‘em hang around and then Phil Maton, who had great numbers as a Met but just doesn’t have the kind of overpowering stuff that plays in pressure spots, got lit up.  Ah well.

I do think this is more proof my doomer brain was cured Monday.  This is a loss that would normally wreck me for the night, instead I feel weirdly at peace.  With the momentum shift I don’t feel super great about tomorrow but this team’s been resilient so we’ll see.  I’ll just have to wait impatiently for tomorrow’s game.  Summon the power of Grimace until then.

• Like 1

Hopefully I can look back at this post and laugh but it’s definitely not looking like the Mets will be scoring a run tonight.  They’re not even particularly close on anything the Brewers are throwing out there.

It is what it is, but if it happens it’ll be their third consecutive playoff elimination shutout.

And there’s the Brewers pulling ahead as soon as Quintana got pulled.  Damn.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Absolutely stunning.  Up until that last AB I was coming to terms with being ready to let Alonso go after what has been a really disappointing season.  And then he goes and does…..that.

Holy shit.

WIN THE WHOLE FUCKIN’ THING!!!

GRIMACEMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD :w00t:

• Like 1

As if this week wasn’t surreal enough for the Mets, Kodai Senga is starting game 1 of the NLDS.  I assume he’ll just be serving in an opener role but it’s still wild that they’ve done what they’ve done all year without even having their ace pitcher.  He started one game over two months ago and otherwise has been hurt with few updates, only for him to resurface now out of the blue.