HOLY SHIT WHERE'S THE TYLENOL??? :D

on a Mets board live discussion thread I said when they were down 3-0 if they somehow came back to win I'd not say a bad word about them for at least 1 calendar year

and so it goes!  Glory to Grimace!  Glory to Seymour Weiner!  Glory to Hawk Tuah Girl!  Whatever happens now is gravy.

LET'S FUCKING GO METS!

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Diamondbacks must have been livid watching this display by the Mets in game 2.

Probably, but they have nobody to blame but themselves for dropping 5 of 7 in the final week.

It was clear the hitters were trying to get out of there, to be fair they did have multiple scoring opportunities and 35-year old Jose Iglesias ended up playing the whole thing to keep his streak going.

Anyway, I have no idea who is even gonna be available out of the bullpen tomorrow.  But I don’t care.  If they’re somehow destined to win the whole thing they’ll figure it out.  Just gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts.

What a day!

• Like 1

I doubt it'll happen, but I'd like to see MLB finally induct Pete Rose into the Hall of Fame, even if he was an unrepentant asshole. Let the clock start ticking, and make him eligible 5 years frow now, as if his death was actually his retirement. 

Never my favorite Reds player. That would be Johnny Bench, followed closely by Barry Larkin.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see the sport that banned you for life for gambling now be brought to you by DraftKings

• Haha 2

Very fun Game 1 for the Mets.  Completely different energy from 2022.  In 2022 they were still reeling from blowing the division in the final week despite winning 101 games and it felt like the team was tight and tense with the pressure of expectation from the first pitch.  You knew Scherzer didn't have his best stuff by the first inning and the bats immediately pressed.  Even as a fan it was tough to get excited for that series with the circumstances.

Here they road the high from yesterday into a road environment that's given them fits and seem to be embracing the "house money" mindset.  I think in some ways it actually helps being the road team for these WC series.  It's a lot of pressure to win 2 of 3 with all of it on the line in front of a home crowd, the road teams come in with a chip on their shoulder.

Big ups to Severino for overcoming some early jitters and really finding himself in the 5th and 6th at a time he needed to conserve the pen.  Butto and Stanek looked great in relief.  Some timely clutch hitting from Winker, Vientos, and Martinez.  Love it.

I want either the Mets or Dodgers vs. the Orioles, but honestly I'll be fine as long as the Braves or Yankees don't make it. 

And its probably not going to happen, but I think historically this year's AL Chicago team should be referred to as `The Brown Sox'.