One of the NY papers called Ohtani a chicken for being afraid of coming to NY.  The coping was real.  Enough is known about Ohtani now to know NY was never even something he was considering, and I don't blame him.  NYC isn't for everyone and it's way easier to live a fairly private lifestyle in LA with all of the stars out there.

That's why even though I had slight annoyance that Cohen didn't even really try for Ohtani last year, I understood it.  He apparently called his agent and said they were open for business if Ohtani had any interest in coming here, and to call back if there was interest, but there was no call back.  I don't blame Cohen for not wanting to have to put on a full recruitment pitch when it's clear they would've been a stalking horse, which ended up happening with Yamamoto anyway.  Honestly I respect Ohtani for not wanting to waste anyone's time, he only spoke to the few clubs he had actual interest in.

Well, that and knowing MLB they'd have not passed a chance to do the most LOLMets thing possible and suspend him pending the Ippei investigation before he played a single game.

I wish he had gone to Boston. Not just because I'm a Red Sox fan (Reds first, though), but because can you imagine the conniption Yankees fans would have had?

But I'm glad he went to my parents' favorite team. Even if my father and deceased and my mother has dementia. 

Has anyone checked Ohtani to see if he had oil instead of blood in his veins? The dude is a machine!