Given the state of the White Sox, I don't think anyone would have been the guy. They need a complete overhaul of the culture in the clubhouse, and it's not going to be easy for them.

Trade away any poor personalities, let your young guys play and surround them with veteran players who are solid human beings and can create a positive culture. It'll be a long road to reclaiming relevance, but it's the right way to do it. Unless they just wanna throw around a bunch of money during free agency and see if they can catch lightning in a bottle.

We missed a very important anniversary:

Spoiler

On 8/4/93, Robin Ventura fuct up and paid the price!

For the record, Ryan was 46, Ventura was 26, and this incident is known as "Ryan's Six-Hitter".

I am assuming they'd put in temporary seating, right? The regular grandstands were quite a distance away from the field for the football game, so I can't imagine they wouldn't put in temp grandstands for that. I know I'd not be able to spot a baseball in the regular seats there.

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Is that close enough to you where you can go? Would be a neat experience.

I've been to races at Bristol twice, and have travelled through there several times while heading on vacation. Its roughly an hour and 45 minutes away.

If it was anyone but the Braves, I'd go. I don't watch Braves games on tv if I can help it, and if I do its usually with the sound muted because of that irritating chant their fans do. The first MLB game I ever went to was Reds vs. Braves, in Atlanta. But that was years before that chant started.

Are the Braves or Reds the home team for that?

Kind of odd how they put in a bunch of effort to make the game happen, just to only have one.  You would think they'd make it like the London series where each team got to be the home team for a game.

They had a college football game between Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech there back in 2016. The Vols won by 21 points.

This article shows what the field will look like:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-unveils-plans-for-2025-bristol-motor-speedway-game-heres-what-field-will-look-like-for-reds-vs-braves/