Sony Megathread 2024

Maxx

With apologies to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Astro Bot must be seen as Playstation's equivalent of Super Smash Bros. Obviously, they're very different genres, but both are celebrations of gaming history interwoven in gameplay that's very good in its own right.

• Like 1

Astros Bot is seriously outstanding. I loved Astro's Playground, and couldn't delete it from the console since my girlfriend's kid always wanted to play it. Hasn't touched it in a while, then like last month I saw it had updated. Had fun figuring out the challenges to save the robots and it definitely got me psyched for the new one and it's living up to the hype big time. 

All-Stars Battle Royal was a heavy executive meddled with thing that was made with very little heart in the end, whereas Astro is absolutely 100% a love letter to almost anything that has touched a Sony system. Only thing that sucks is hearing them go off about lack of 1st party IPs, when there's essentially an entire graveyard of awesome properties in this game.

• Like 3

Astro Bot is fantastic. Playroom was pure nostalgia and this is more of the same. Just a big smile on my face the whole time.

• Like 1

I'm on the 4th world and I JUST found my first galaxy coin thingy. I gave 167/300 bots, only world 1 has been 100%'d. In world 3 though....

Spoiler

Really dug the Nathan Drake level. Never played the Incharted games, but that was fun. Maybe they'll release all the games in one mega pack for PS5.

Spoiler

Uncharted is such a fantastic series. Some of the gameplay mechanics will seem outdated now, and to me even the gunplay was quite basic, but it's all worth it for the story alone.

As for the PS5 Pro, it's something I'd consider down the road as I don't technically own one myself. The PS5 that was bought as "ours" is basically my fiancées now. 😑