X-BOX Megathread 2024

Ruki

Re; the Star Wars game discussion earlier. As it turns out the insta-fail stealth sections were not meant to be as hard as they are so that's getting toned down. Especially the first one apparently, was not supposed to be that hard. I was playing with custom difficulty that had stealth made a bit easier, but overall it's going to be fixed up in the next patch.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 06:06, apsham said:

Re; the Star Wars game discussion earlier. As it turns out the insta-fail stealth sections were not meant to be as hard as they are so that's getting toned down. Especially the first one apparently, was not supposed to be that hard. I was playing with custom difficulty that had stealth made a bit easier, but overall it's going to be fixed up in the next patch.

That is such good news! I made it past it but I literally almost gave up on that game because of the first stealth stuff

33 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

That is such good news! I made it past it but I literally almost gave up on that game because of the first stealth stuff

Mmhmm! Patch for that went live as well - the time it takes to detect and how well they detect you while rolling specifically has been improved I believe.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 17:36, Chris2K said:

I've gone back to playing Starfield a bit, and it's certainly easier to do my exploring in a vehicle than on foot. There's something really fun about boosting into the air on a low gravity planet and essentially flying across it.

That said, it's starting to feel like the game is getting too complex for my Series S to handle, the frame rate is choppy if there's even a hint of action taking place, and it has crashed a few times in the most extreme circumstances.

Also, I really need to stop getting jump scared by the alien creatures.

And now my save file has stopped permanently. The game crashes whenever I try to move off the planet I'm currently on without any kind of error message, so unless I intend to stay on this planet permanently, I'm done.

The folks at Reddit have said it is because the game can't handle the amount of data currently in the save file - because I have been exploring only without completing the main story mission it has run out of memory for everything I've scanned, picked up and collected. It's designed for people to have gone past the final level at this point, and that's not what interested me about the game.

It's a 15 day, 9 hour save file just sitting there mocking me, or at least it would be if I hadn't uninstalled the game and given something a go which might be more up the exploration street - No Man's Sky.